Biker Wedding - Unique Wedding Ideas and Wedding Decorations With Motorcycle Wedding Themes
Biker Gifts and Wedding Decorations
Unique Wedding Ideas
I love to ride, I started riding motorcycles again in 2009 and realized what a cool wedding theme it is. When you decide on a "unique" wedding theme, it is easier to try to get everything you need from one wedding company when possible and from the ones that specialize in the theme. As with any theme, the biker theme can be in coordinated colors throughout the wedding; from the decorations down to the invitations.
A new biker tradition is born and also a great gift to your wedding party, the biker bell. The best man and maid of honor should each hang a bell on the bike that the couple plan to ride after the ceremony. (Make sure you include the bell hanger with it. Bells and hangers are around $12 each.)
The best way to show the "Isle of motorcycles and seating ideas" is with an existing video on YouTube. Very impressive and supportive way to engage all guests and family, making them feel apart of the ceremony in a big way.
Although a biker wedding theme is considered non-traditional, this wedding is more traditional than realized. Black and white is a common color scheme, which is the most traditional wedding colors of all. You are also a green wedding, guests are local, you use less, more simple decorations and flowers, less waste. Your carbon footprint is much less than the average wedding making it a very eco-friendly event! Even motorcycles put out less emissions than cars and airplanes.
- Biker Attire.
- Jeans, white shirts, black vests.
- White leather or a combo of the black and white.
- Jean or chambray shirts with black vests work well too.
- Boots are great, even leather shorts or skirts work for the event.
- Everyone gets to feel comfortable in their clothing.
- Can a bride wear a wedding dress? Absolutely, and some do. The dress style is very open to personal style preferences. The wedding dress can depict summer, sexy or traditional styles. The shorter styles are often more convenient and easier to hop on the motorcycle and ride away.
Invitations - a more simple, one paper and one envelope on a budget is the choice of most. RSVP should be via phone or email, not expecting your friends to mail it back to you with a stamp. Often times there is a "run for your wedding" or "run for your reception", so including a mini map of the bike route with the invitation is helpful when some guests may not be familiar with the route. A photographed image of the couple on their motorcycle(s) is a modern biker wedding invitation.
Thank you cards, this is optional or you may just consider your reception is the thank you.
Ideas for the ring bearer and flower girl - in a sidecar or if older, ride in a kid's electric bike or car. Many have the best man pass the ring from their jacket pocket when a ring bearer is not available. The wooden box style ring holder may suit the wedding better than a fluffy white pillow. Check the images below to see how well the rustic styles are ideal for holding rings and the wooden guest books.
Fairy Tale Wedding Store offers some really cool cake toppers, formal wear, flower girl basket, toasting flutes and motorcycle flags; all in biker themes.
Wedding Decorations for Wedding Receptions
Centerpieces for the reception. Consider some of the following ideas:
Oil lanterns share a warm glow and you won't have to add much else to the table décor when you use them. Find in antique stores or purchase them new.
Mugs, or would you mind a biker boot on the table with silk flowers poking out the top?
Helmets (damaged or inexpensive from garage sales, no noticeable cracks or damage) add candles or flowers to them to dress them up for the wedding reception.
Hanging décor from trees. Glass jars with votive candles. Bear bottles with top half cut off and smoothed with sandpaper and add the votive in them. Recycling and reusing items you have is a great benefit to the environment at the same time. The tin cans with designs poked through to allow light through and paint them in your choice of wedding colors works too.
Many biker weddings are outside in a park; so outdoor woodsy area décor works well. Look at rustic country themes. You can use some of these ideas and adapt them to a biker wedding theme.
Biker Gift Ideas
Gifting your wedding party
Gifting your guests with favors. Do Bikers really do that?! If you can, yes your guests will appreciate if it is something they can truly use.
- Motorcycle key chains - a more expensive choice and you may choose those just for your best man and maid of honor.
- Biker bells - as a biker wedding tradition for the bride and groom. Consider the gift for you maid of honor and best man too. For the parents if they ride too.
- Biker Patches or biker pins. Prices are normally $1 to $1.50 each
- Do Rags - you can find them online wholesale for about $1.50 each or bandanas from a craft store while discounted may be even better pricing.
- Shotglasses - Sometimes this is the option instead of drinking out of champagne flutes. You can get them personalized too.
- Flask - nice wedding party gift.
- Flower girl - stuffed animal wearing biker clothes, little assortment of stickers or tatoos. I saw Harley Barbie on Pinterest! New boots.
- Ring bearer - a biker vest, assortment of tatoos or new helmet or new boots.
- Photo booth, I think the idea of a photo booth would be a lot of fun. Plus the guest pictures become their own personal wedding favor and you get all the images on a CD taken at the wedding reception.
- Mini album with images of your rides together and engagement photo. Maybe print out the map of the area traveled. Or the map of your wedding Run.
Guest Book and Ring Bearer Ideas for BikersClick thumbnail to view full-size
Venue & Outdoor Wedding Photography
Talk about an awesome event to capture on film! White and back leathers, beautiful bikes, outdoor venue. Non-traditional more story like images. If you can just spend a smaller amount, find a fresh new photographer instead of a highly professional one. There fees are competitively lower. If you truly can't or choose not to have them professionally done; the disposable wedding cameras are an option. Have your guests take pictures. CVS and Walgreens have so many more options for printing images now. You can take one really great picture, enlarge it on a canvas and hang it up at home.
Find an open minded photographer with the story telling ability and specializes in outdoor photography. If you are in an area with a lot of motorcycle enthusiasts, you are more likely to find a "motorcycle photographer" (the keyword I entered to find some. Easy to find in Florida). They are often times much more reasonable costs than the average wedding photographers.
"Kodak Moments" to consider:
- Standing together near the bike, sitting on the bike.
- Holding each other and kissing on the bike, capture the couple in the mirror on the bike.
- Hanging the biker bells on the motorcycle.
- Riding away.
- Rings and bouquet on top of the fuel tank if it is not too rounded or on a leather clothing item like a vest.
- Couple kissing Image in the woods or near a rustic building or background.
Venues should accommodate the noise of the bikes (some cities have noise ordinances) and parking for bikes on pavement. When you intend to do the motorcycle reception line, There should be room for the line leading up to the alter.
Blowing Bubbles seems to be the ideal choice instead of flower petals or rice.This is still an open option of choice and outdoors also means you can do the sparklers as a send off.
outdoor wedding photography
Outdoor Motorcycle Photographer
- Oakland Engagement Session | San Francisco Wedding Photographer
I had the best time with these two. Celeste and Jon had access to the old American Steel building in West Oakland. Celeste and Jon and getting married at
Run for your Wedding - to Biker Hot Spots
How cool to make your wedding into a bike run to a kick ass Hot Spot Biker Location!
Most of these places welcome bikers all the time and with any number of people in their group. Like any venue you are considering for a wedding, call ahead and make sure they will accommodate your event. These hot spots often have their own events and it could make it more difficult for you and your guests to secure places to stay or even hold the wedding.
So here are some cool places:
Stokers Dallas, Sturgis SD, or just run a Google search on hot biker bars and add your state, it will show the ones in your area. It doesn't mean you have to have the wedding there, it just points out the areas that accommodate bikers.
****adding the video guide shortly, by July 30, so check back.