There’s no time quite as special as a woman's wedding day! However, her bachelorette party and bridal shower are also major parts of the deal. That’s right, weddings are so important that the bride should be celebrated three times!
What Are Bridal Showers For?
Most women dream of the day they will be the blushing bride at the center of attention, shining from head to toe in a beautiful gown. It’s a time many of us look forward to, so always it's important to include a special card when gifting something to the bride.
Bridal showers are a tradition of gift-giving in anticipation of the impending wedding. Although the bride and groom will undoubtedly receive many gifts for their wedding, this is a day that is to celebrate the bride only while showering her with gifts, most of which are for the home. Oh, and let’s not forget about a little somethin’ somethin’ to wear on her wedding night!
Oftentimes, guests will opt to purchase a gift card rather than a present from the bridal registry. It’s a nice gesture and it allows her to use it as she pleases. Regardless of the type of gift you give, a greeting card is a must!
What to Should You Say in a Your Card?
If you walk into any Hallmark store, you’re bound to find rows and rows of cards specifically for weddings and brides. Your best bet is to pick a blank one with a nice picture on the front to write your own messages in. If you're the crafty type, you can skip the Hallmark store visit and make one by hand.
But how do you write your own bridal shower card messages? Well, here are some tips to get you started:
Read More From Holidappy
- Memories: If you’re invited, then it is likely that you are close to the bride and have shared many happy memories with her. Include some silly or tear-jerking memories with the bride-to-be!
- Happy thoughts: Your card should contain nothing but happy thoughts. Be sure to steer clear of “you’ll be sorry you’re getting married” messages, and don't bring up any kind of negative event.
- Good luck: Marriage is hard and takes a lot of work! Wish her all the luck she will need to keep that fire burning!
- Wedding/marriage advice: Give positive and constructive marriage advice that might be particularly helpful on her wedding day. Something like, “Don’t forget the rings!”—this seriously happened to me and we had to turn back around; I was late to my own wedding!
Sample Bridal Shower Card Messages
Now that you’re an expert bridal shower card writer and all, it’s time to look at a few sample messages. It’s always good to have a few words to work off of in case you're prone to writer's block.
- Weddings are such a special event. Although it all may seem stressful now, embrace it because it will be over before you know it! Congrats to the beautiful bride-to-be!
- Weddings happen when one lucky girl and one lucky guy meet. That is definitely one lucky guy! I can’t wait to hear those “I dos!”
- Always remember: So as long as you have love, you have EVERYTHING. Congratulations!
- Showering you with gifts and love on your special day! Congratulations to the bride-to-be!
- Wishing you nothing but love and happiness from this day forward! Happy shower!
- Congratulations on finding that one special person. Wishing you both a lifetime of happiness together!
- Wishing you a perfect wedding day full of cheers and happy tears! Congratulations!
- May the rest of your single days be stress-free and filled with pampering. Congrats to the bride-to-be!
- We all knew from day one that you two would be getting married. Congratulations to such a happy and perfect couple!
- Marriage is like a garden: From time to time, it needs to be weeded and special care needs to be taken for the fruits to prosper! Take good care of each other and congratulations!
- Wishing you a lifetime of happiness with the man of your dreams! Congrats to you!
- May you always find light in your marriage even through the darkest of times. Congratulations.
- Sending the warmest of wishes for a bright and beautiful wedding day. May the beautiful bride not be stressed!
- Just picturing you in that white gown and thinking of you and how beautiful you are. Congratulations on your impending marriage!
These are the kinds of card messages that she will look back on and fondly recall. Let your love pour out!