I love to write about cultural and social norms. What is right or what's wrong?
The Best Gender Reveal Gifts
Have you been invited to a gender reveal and trying to think of what gift to give? Or maybe you're the one hosting the party and are looking for some creative ideas to add to your registry.
Either way, I've got you covered with 20+ awesome gender reveal gift ideas!
Gender Reveal Gift Ideas for the Baby
- For the fashion-savvy friend: A gift card to a local children's boutique or department store.
- For the trendy friend: A onesie or t-shirt that says "He or she, we can't wait to meet you!" in a fun font and design.
- For the practical friend: A book on pregnancy and childbirth or a newborn essentials kit.
- For the sentimental friend: A frame with the ultrasound photo or a charm bracelet with a little "boy" or "girl" charm.
- For the DIY friend: A custom-made banner or sign for the gender reveal party.
- For the foodie friend: A basket filled with baby-safe snacks, such as teething biscuits and puffs, or a cookbook with easy recipes for busy parents.
- For the active friend: A jogging stroller or a baby carrier for hikes and walks.
- For the tech-savvy friend: A sound machine or a high-tech baby monitor.
- For the funny friend: A onesie with a humorous saying or cartoon character on it.
- For the bookworm friend: A children's classic like "Goodnight Moon" or "The Cat in the Hat."
- For the crafty friend: A beautiful handmade quilt or a set of custom-painted nursery wall letters.
- For the music lover friend: A CD of lullabies or children's songs, or tickets to a family-friendly concert or show.
- For the nature lover friend: A baby bathtub shaped like a duck or a set of plush toy animals.
- For the sporty friend: A baby outfit in their favorite team's colors or a rattle shaped like a baseball.
- For the friend who loves to travel: A personalized map showing where they come from and where they'll be going as parents.
- For the friend who's always cold: A cozy blanket or a pair of slipper socks.
- For the friend who loves to be pampered: A gift certificate for a prenatal massage or a set of scented candles.
- For the friend who's always on the go: A diaper bag that can double as a purse or a travel changing pad.
- For the friend who loves to take photos: A digital camera or a phone with a great camera so they can document every milestone.
- For the friend who loves to give back: A donation to a children's charity in their name or baby supplies for a local homeless shelter.
Unique Gender Reveal Gift Ideas
Give Them a Break
I love this idea. One of the best gifts you can give new parents is your time and support. Offer to babysit so they can have a much-needed break, bring over a home-cooked meal, or simply lend a listening ear. Sometimes the best gift is just being there for them. You can make your own special voucher for a free day of babysitting; it doesn't have to cost anything but your time!
A Time Capsule
This is such a fun and unique gift idea! Put together a time capsule full of items that will remind them of this special time in their lives. Include things like a copy of the ultrasound picture, a newspaper from the day the baby was born, a lock of hair, and a photo of the family. You could even add in a list of advice or well-wishes for the future. This is a gift they will be sure to cherish forever.
A Subscription Box
If you want to give them a gift that keeps on giving, go for a subscription box. There are many great options for new parents, from diapers and wipes subscriptions to food delivery services. This is a gift that will make their lives a little bit easier and help them out in the long run.
If you are unsure of what to gift the expecting parents or what they might need, a simple and always thoughtful present is a gift card. That way, they can put it towards whatever they need! Another idea is to get something from their registry; that way, you know it is something they want/need. Whatever you choose, the new parents will surely appreciate your generosity and thoughtfulness!
How to Buy the Perfect Gift
If you feel comfortable doing so and are close with the parents-to-be, you could always ask them what they might need or want. They may give you a list of things they still need to get for the nursery or let you know of a special item they have been wanting but haven't gotten yet. If they are stumped on what they want or need, offer to go shopping with them! They will probably be glad to have the company and an extra set of hands (and eyes).
Do Some Research
If you want to get something a little more unique or personal, do some research on what is popular for new parents these days. Check out parenting blogs or websites, look through registry lists, or even ask around to see what other people have given as gifts. With a little effort, you're sure to find something that the parents-to-be will love and appreciate.
Ask Your Friends and Family for Gender Reveal Gift Ideas
If you're still struggling to come up with the perfect gift, ask your friends and family for ideas. Chances are, someone you know has recently been through the same experience and will have some great suggestions. You could even start a group chat, or social media post asking for ideas. This is a great way to get some unique and thoughtful ideas from people who know you and the parents-to-be best. If you have any friends with kids, ask them what was the best gift they got for their gender reveal party.
If you are crafty, put your skills to use and make something special for the new arrival. Handmade items always add a personal and sentimental touch. You could knit or crochet a blanket, make some custom wall art, or bake some delicious treats. Whatever you make, the parents will be sure to treasure it.
This is my type of gift. Get them something that they are actually going to use. Not always the fanciest, granted, but it is useful! Remember that new parents often need the basics like diapers, wipes, and clothes. If you want to get them something they will use right away, go for something practical. But don't worry, you can still make it special by personalizing it with their initials or choosing a cute pattern or design.
The Bottom Line
Whatever you decide to give the expecting parents, they are sure to appreciate your gesture and be thankful for your thoughtfulness.
Congratulations on the new addition to their family!
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2022 Elin Beck