I enjoy giving tips on how to handle the mess of party confetti.
You threw a party that your friends and family will never forget. With streamers, balloons, and confetti, a good time was had by all. Hopefully you remembered to get some great pictures too. Now everyone else is gone and there is confetti everywhere. On the carpet and in the curtains. What were you thinking? Remember it was worth it. Confetti adds great fun to the party atmosphere. I know it looks impossible but you don't have to call the maid service to clean it up. By following a few easy steps, you can tackle that after party mess like a pro.
Just Follow These Four Easy Steps
- Recruit help.
- Gather the right supplies.
- Clean the inside starting from top to bottom.
- Then clean the outside starting from top to bottom.
1) Recruit Help
You don't want to impose upon your friends and family by asking for help, but you didn't make this mess all by yourself. There is no reason cleaning up has to be a miserable experience. Gather up your friends or offer to pay a few neighborhood teenagers to help with the confetti clean up, many hands make for light work!
2) Gather Supplies
You will save a lot of time by gathering all of the needed supplies before you begin.
Indoor Supply List
- big black garbage bags
- vacuum cleaner
- hand vacuum
- feather duster
- cleaning wipes
- compressed air can
- small rake
Read More From Holidappy
Outdoor Supply List
- big black garbage bags
For fast indoor cleanup, start from top to bottom and large to small. By starting up high, you avoid having to go back and clean the floor twice. By starting big, you can easily get the big stuff out of the way, making the smaller debris more easily accessible.
- Use a broom to brush off any confetti on the ceiling and light fixtures.
- Use a feather duster to gently dust off bookshelves and tables.
- Use a can of compressed air to blow out any leftover tiny particles out your computer keyboard or other delicate items.
- A Dustbuster hand vacuum or the hose attachment on your vacuum cleaner can be used to clean up confetti on fabric couches and curtains.vacuum A Mr. Sticky can be used to clean up any tiny particles left behind by the hand vacuum.
- Then it is time to conquer the floor. Use a rake to quickly collect the larger particles and scoop up what you can with your hands. This is an important step. If you try to vacuum without scooping up the larger pieces first your vacuum cleaner may become clogged leading to frustration.
- Then you can sweep up bare floors and mop if necessary.
- Last but not least vacuum your carpets. Again the Dustbuster or hose attachment can be used to get into the corners and edges against the wall.
4) Cleaning Up The Yard
Now that the inside of the house is sparkling clean. It is time to tackle the yard.
- Again, begin at the top using a broom to knock any leftover confetti out of the trees and bushes and gutters.
- Then it is time to sweep off the porch and driveway.
- A rake again can be used to collect large particles out of the lawn and then a power lawnmower can be used to suck up the rest.
- When all of that is finished a hose can be used to wash away the tiniest leftover pieces.
Now the yard should be looking better than ever!