Creative Ways to Celebrate Birthdays With No Money
Wait! You Can Still Celebrate
Birthdays and Money
Sometimes you have to get creative when it comes to celebrating a birthday! That is especially true if you have no money. After all, birthday parties can be expensive occasions. A birthday party can make your wallet feel a whole lot lighter at the end of the day because you need a cake or other delicious celebratory food, there are presents to buy, there may be alcohol to purchase and decorations for the party can be costly.
Now that you are stressed and looking into your wallet for extra bills, take a deep breath and slowly read the next sentence. There are ways to celebrate special occasions without spending money.
Yes, that's right. There are free resources and innovative methods for celebrating birthdays with no money. You can still celebrate the day and have fun too! While it's important to have the parties to celebrate your best friend, brother, daughter and other important person in your life, it doesn't have to break your budget. Here are some useful tips for planning a special celebration even when you don't have the money to spend on a party.
When You Last Planned a Birthday Party...
What was the biggest cost?See results without voting
Creative Birthday Present Ideas
Start thinking about what present you will give that special person in your life. Think beyond the material product bound in gift-wrap when you have no money. There are other options.
Have you ever had a great day with a friend just relaxing at the beach or going for a walk? These options do NOT cost any money. The activities are fun because you spend quality time with your friend and enjoy an experience together.
There are no material products necessary. You can apply the same principle when you celebrate birthdays.
Activities Are Great Presents
Presents That Don't Cost Any Money
Here are examples of presents that do not cost money:
- You surprise the special boy/girl with a scenic drive around the local harbor or another beautiful part of town.
- You create a movie theatre experience at home. Dim the lights and watch a movie you already own or that you borrow from a friend.
- You plan a picnic with a big group and ask each person to bring a dish. Your own dish is composed of food items you already have in your kitchen.
- Tell all of the guests to bring cameras. Take silly pictures of each other during the party; you will be laughing! After the party, download the photos to an electronic scrapbook program and mail them to everyone at the party.
Remember that after a birthday party people often remember the experience more than a physical present. Quality time spent together really does mean more than a material item.
Party Decorations: Free Versions are Online
Perhaps the birthday gal likes party décor or you want to spoil the special guy with a festive party. You need decorations to celebrate the occasion. Again, you worry, as you have no money. Create your own decorations to avoid financial costs.
Free ways to decorate for the party include:
- Print out free online templates for napkin rings, gift cards, and party favor bags. These items are available in different patterns on a several websites.
Print out a birthday banner, customized for the gal or guy, to display at the party. Check out Printfree.com for some great banners to use.
Fun Birthday Party Banners
Low-Cost Ideas for Unforgettable Birthday Parties
More Ideas for Children's Parties
For children's parties, go to More Coloring Pages and print out coloring pages to keep the kids active. Download the sheets free. There are several fun patterns to choose from, including:
- Cartoons Coloring Pages
- Nature Coloring Pages
- Animals Coloring Pages
- Music Coloring Pages
- Sports Coloring Pages
Pick the pages associated to the party theme and have fun! Coloring is an activity that many children enjoy... and it's free!
The Party is on!
Other Free Ways to Celebrate Birthdays
Other activities for birthday parties that cost no money include:
- Play music and dance as a group, whether indoors or outside on the lawn.
- Have a throwback party for adults that involve games you played as kids. Games include wheelbarrow races, cartwheel contests, and three-legged races. Not familiar with these games? Google them online and start to practice for the party! There are reasons they are classic.
- Ask a crafty friend who is coming to the party to bring supplies and conduct a mini-class for the guests. Your friend will be pleased you ask for help and will want to show off his or her expertise!
Spending Money - Nope!
There are several fun ways to celebrate birthdays, even when you have no money. You need to use a little creativity and planning, as well as enlisting help of guests. The birthday gal or guy will appreciate the time you took in planning the party and have fun too! Money does not have to be an obstacle to having a great day.