As an avid partygoer, Ritchie is always on the lookout for fun wedding and party ideas.
Fall Wedding Ideas
Weddings can get expensive, so it's important to save where you can. Here are some great ideas for how to have a beautiful fall wedding on a budget.
1. Get Married in a Public Park
You can save on venue fees by getting married in a public park or garden. Just be sure to check with your local municipality to see if you need a permit.
2. Have Your Reception at a Restaurant
Restaurants can be more affordable than traditional reception venues, and they often have their own private dining rooms that can be used for your event.
3. Ask Friends and Family to Help Out With Decorations
If you have creative friends and family members, ask them to help out with the decorations for your wedding. This can help you save on costs.
4. Have a DIY Photo Booth
Photo booths can be a lot of fun for guests, and they're relatively easy to set up yourself. All you need is a camera, some props, and a space to set up.
5. Use Seasonal Flowers for Your Centerpieces and Bouquets
Seasonal flowers are typically more affordable than out-of-season blooms, so take advantage of them for your wedding decor.
6. Make Your Own Invitations
You can save on printing costs by making your own invitations using online templates or by hand.
7. Have a Potluck Reception Dinner
Ask guests to bring their favorite dish to share at the reception instead of hiring a caterer. This can help you save on food costs.
8. Use Real Glassware and Dishes
Renting glassware and dishes can be expensive, so consider using your own or borrowing from friends and family members.
9. Get Married on a Weekday
You can often get discounts on venue rental fees and other services if you get married on a weekday instead of a Saturday.
10. Have an Intimate Wedding
Smaller weddings are typically more affordable than large ones, so consider having a smaller guest list.
11. Shop for Your Dress at a Consignment Store or Sample Sale
You can find great deals on wedding dresses at consignment stores or sample sales.
12. Skip the Wedding Cake and Opt for Cupcakes Instead
Cupcakes are less expensive than wedding cakes, and they're also more versatile when it comes to flavor and design.
13. DIY Your Own Wedding Favors
There are tons of great DIY favor ideas online that can help you save money.
14. Use Mason Jars or Other Recycled Containers for Centerpieces
Mason jars and other recycled containers make great and affordable centerpieces.
15. Shop for Decorations at Thrift Stores or Garage Sales
You can find some great deals on decorations at thrift stores or garage sales.
16. Have a Dessert Bar Instead of a Traditional Wedding Cake
A dessert bar is a great way to offer guests a variety of sweet treats without the expense of a wedding cake.
17. Get Married at an Off-Peak Time of Year
Fall is a beautiful time to get married, but it's also a busy time for weddings. You can often get discounts on venues and other services if you get married during an off-peak time of year.
18. Have Your Bridesmaids Wear Mismatched Dresses
Mismatched bridesmaids' dresses are trendy, and they can help you save on costs since each girl can choose a dress that fits her budget.
19. Use Potted Plants Instead of Cut Flowers for Centerpieces
Potted plants are a great alternative to cut flowers, and they can be used as favors for guests to take home after the wedding.
20. Have a Friend or Family Member Officiate Your Ceremony
You can save on officiant fees by having a friend or family member officiate your ceremony.
21. Get Married Outdoors
Outdoor weddings are beautiful, and they can often be less expensive than indoor weddings. Just be sure to have a backup plan in case of bad weather.
22. Use LED Candles Instead of Real Candles for Your Centerpieces
LED candles are safe, inexpensive, and they'll last all night long.
Affordable Food Ideas For a Fall Wedding
Think about in-season fruits and vegetables when coming up with your menu. Seasonal produce is usually less expensive than out-of-season items.
- Serve comfort food: Dishes like macaroni and cheese, pot pies, and soup are perfect for a chilly fall day.
- Use in-season fruits and vegetables: Apples, pears, squash, and pumpkins are all in season in the fall and make great additions to your menu.
- Offer a variety of hearty soups: Guests will appreciate a warm bowl of soup on a cold day.
- Stick with simple side dishes: Roasted potatoes, steamed vegetables, and salads are all great options that won't break the bank.
- Choose budget-friendly entrées: Chicken is always a good choice, but you can also find great deals on beef and pork during the fall months.
If you're on a tight budget, it pays to get creative with your menu. There are many great and affordable options available to you if you take the time to look.
Don't forget, you can also save money by shopping for seasonal produce at your local farmer's market. Farmer's markets typically have better prices than grocery stores, and the produce is often fresher as well.
Fall Wedding Centerpieces on a Budget
If you're looking for budget-friendly fall wedding centerpieces, there are many great options available to you.
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Use in-season fruits and vegetables: Apples, pears, squash, and pumpkins make great centerpieces, and they're often very inexpensive.
- Decorate with leaves: Leaves are a beautiful and easy way to add some fall flair to your centerpieces.
- Use candles: Candles create a warm and inviting atmosphere and can be inexpensive.
- Fill mason jars with fall flowers: Mason jars are a popular choice for centerpieces, and they can be filled with various fall flowers, such as daisies, chrysanthemums, and sunflowers.
- Use a pumpkin as a vase: Simply hollow out a small pumpkin and use it to hold flowers or other fall decorations.
There are many great ways to save money on your fall wedding centerpieces. By getting creative and thinking outside the box, you can have beautiful and affordable centerpieces that will impress your guests.
Try Making Fall Wedding Theme Decorations Yourself
Wedding favors are a nice way to thank your guests for attending your wedding, but they can often be quite expensive. If you're on a budget, try making your own favors.
There are many great DIY ideas that are both inexpensive and easy to make:
- Miniature pumpkin pies
- Apple cider mix
- Fall-themed cookies
- Maple syrup
- Candied apples
- Pumpkin seeds
- Autumn-scented candles
- Soap leaves
- Fall-themed keychains
- Wooden crate filled with fall produce
As you can see, there are many great ways to save money on your wedding favors. By getting creative and thinking outside the box, you can have beautiful and affordable favors that your guests will love.
Fall Wedding Theme and Colors
Choosing a fall wedding theme and colors is a great way to create a cohesive look for your big day. There are many beautiful and popular fall themes to choose from, such as autumn leaves, pumpkins, and harvest time. Once you've chosen your theme, you'll need to select the perfect colors to go along with it.
Here are a few popular color schemes for fall weddings:
- Orange, yellow, and brown
- Red, orange, and yellow
- Burgundy, gold, and green
- Blue and white
- Purple and silver
As you can see, there are many great options available to you when choosing your fall wedding colors. By taking the time to plan ahead and coordinate your colors, you can create a beautiful and cohesive look for your big day.
Fall Wedding Flowers and Decorations
When it comes to fall weddings, flowers and decorations are a must. There are many beautiful and popular fall flowers, such as chrysanthemums, daisies, sunflowers, and roses. Fall leaves make great decorations, and they can be used in a variety of ways. You can use them to decorate your ceremony and reception spaces, or you can use them to create unique centerpieces for your tables.
Pumpkins are also a popular choice for fall weddings. They can be used to create beautiful centerpieces, or they can be carved into decorative jack-o-lanterns. No matter how you choose to use them, pumpkins are a great way to add some fall flair to your big day.
There are many great ways to save money on your fall wedding flowers and decorations. By getting creative and thinking outside the box, you can have beautiful and affordable flowers and decorations that will impress your guests.
Inexpensive Fall Wedding Photography
Wedding photography is one of the most important investments you'll make for your big day. While it's true that you'll only be married for a short time, your wedding photos will last a lifetime. That's why it's so important to choose a talented and experienced photographer who can capture your special day perfectly.
If you're on a budget, there are a few ways you can save money on your wedding photography. One way is to book your photographer for a shorter time period. This will allow you to get the photos you want without breaking the bank.
Another way to save is to choose a less popular wedding date. Photographers typically have more availability and offer discounts for weddings on weekdays or off-peak months.
As you can see, there are many great ways to save money on your fall wedding. By being creative and thinking outside the box, you can have a beautiful and affordable wedding that everyone will remember for years to come. So get started planning your dream fall wedding today!
What tips do you have for saving money on a fall wedding? Share them with us in the comments below!
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2022 Ritchie Hughie