Wedding Reception Trivia Game
Liven Up Your Wedding Reception With This Fun Game
Wedding receptions can be boring during certain lag times such as while waiting for the bride and groom to have pictures taken or waiting for the food to come out. When my husband and I got married, we didn't want our guests to be bored, so we came up with a creative idea to keep everyone busy. This also helps when there are guests at the tables who don't know each other well because it sparks conversation.
During the cocktail hour, the D.J. announced that we were going to play a trivia game and that we would be revealing the answers later in the reception. We had younger relatives pass out a sheet of trivia questions about my husband and I. We had also ordered pencils, the same color as the wedding colors, with our names and wedding date printed on them, and they were passed out to each guest along with the trivia sheet. Each guest got to keep their pencil along with the favors we had given out. I ordered the pencils from the Oriental Trading catalog and got them for a good price. They did a nice job on the printing. The guests were told that they needed to answer the questions, and we would give the answers later. The person at each table who got the most answers correct would get to take home the centerpiece from their table.
The interesting part of this game is that we had 82 guests, all who had known us at different times in our lives, or knew us individually but not very well as a couple. Or knew us as a couple, but not that well as individuals. It was fun to watch people work on this, some alone, some as a couple, and some guests joined together to try to get the answers.
After dinner, while the tables were being cleared and coffee was being served, the DJ read the answers from an answer sheet that we had prepared ahead of time. People laughed or were disappointed when they got the answers wrong or cheered a bit when they got the answers right. We thought that was a fun way to give away the centerpieces without having to hide a penny under a plate, etc.
The following is the list of questions we used, but of course, you can make up your own, based on the bride and groom's personalities, interests, and history of their relationship. This was not the first marriage for either of us, so some of the questions pertain to our children, etc.
Bride and Groom Trivia Questions
- Name the states where the bride and groom were born. (Worth 1 point each.)
- In what year did the bride and groom meet?
- What is the bride's favorite song (that the groom introduced her to)?
- What are the first names of each of the bride and groom's children? (Worth 1 point each.)
- Name the five countries the bride and groom visited during their trip to Europe when they toured with The New Life Singers. (worth 1 point each)
- What happened on August 8th, 2006?
- How many cruises have the bride and groom been on together?
- Where is the bride and groom's favorite place to listen to classical music?
- Who is the bride and groom's, favorite singer?
- What is the bride and groom's favorite restaurant?
- Where do the bride and groom go every year on the weekend after Thanksgiving?
- What is the name of the groom's boat?
- Where is the bride and groom's favorite place to go together on the boat?
- What is the name of the ship that the bride and groom are taking on their honeymoon?
- Name the seven ports that the bride and groom are visiting on their honeymoon cruise? ( Worth 1 point each!)
- What state do the bride and groom hope to move to in a few years?
Whether you use this wedding trivia game to liven up the wedding reception or not, it could also be used as a fun bridal shower game as well. The important thing is for you and your guests to enjoy yourselves with a little creativity thrown in for good measure! Our wedding reception trivia game got rave reviews from our guests.
This game can also be used at a bridal shower. If you are reading this and getting married soon, happy wedding day to you!