Ideas and Examples of Wedding Wishes for a Newly Married Couple
Coming up with Words to Best Express Your Emotions
The wedding day of a newly married couple is like a bloom of yellow-rayed flowers under a bright morning sun—full of hope, joy, health, and good luck. As a friend or relation of either one of the newlyweds, you may long to heighten the spirit of jubilation in the air with your congratulatory and soul-touching wedding wishes. However, finding the right words to do so can be a challenge.
Do you fall into the category of folks who have difficulty finding the words to communicate your joy and excitement? Take a deep breath. Here are suggestions and tips to help you weave words together to show how happy you are to share wedding moments with your newlywed friend or relation.
To best capture your emotions on paper, you will need to consider both your personality and the personality of the married couple. You will want your words to suit not only the occasion, but also your relationship. Use these messages, quotations, and verses as a starting point, and change them to fit your special occasion.
Ideas for Wedding Wishes and Congratulations
- May your love be like a shining star, brightening even the darkest of times. Nourish your love, happiness, and hope every blessed day of your marriage. Congratulations!
- May your love gather with the power of a storm, so your future life together can be watered by its unending laughter and joy. Congratulations on your wedding.
- A new love is like a budding flower. Your love has matured into a rich red rose, and we are honored to celebrate that love with you today. May it always remain unwavering; congratulations on your wedding.
- Finding your true love is a heavenly blessing. May you find health and happiness, and I wish you many years of unbreakable love and laughter. Congratulations!
- May your marriage be filled with every ingredient that sustains marital union: understanding, love, happiness, fruitfulness, and romance. Happy married life. Congratulations!
- A wedding day is a joyous occasion, and only the first of many you will share as a couple. May every day of your marriage be filled with joy, good luck, and good health. Wishing you the best of marriage.
- Today's wedding will come and go, but the memories it creates will remain forever. May the memories of joy, happiness, hope, and love we share today remain fresh for all eternity. Congratulations.
- We are happy to share with you the joyous occasion of your marriage. Here's to memorable days of laughter and everlasting love. Wishing you the best of marital bliss.
- I am happy to have witnessed you tie the knot, but I am even happier to have been able to witness your love develop and strengthen in the years since you have met. May your journey continue on to days of conjugal cheer. Congratulations!
- A big congratulations on reaching this lovely milestone of conjugal bliss. We pray that favour and luck may follow you all the days of your union.
- May every day you share deepen and strengthen your love as you accompany one another to even happier older years. Congratulations!
- May love be your watchword in both good and hard times. Share your love as friends and as a couple, because in true marital friendship you are stronger, more courageous, and more joyful. Congratulations!
Marriage-Related Quotes for Your Wedding Card
Look through these quotations and see if any fit the occasion. Couple it with a short heartfelt message to complete the card.
- “The real act of marriage takes place in the heart, not in the ballroom or church or synagogue. It’s a choice you make—not just on your wedding day, but over and over again—and that choice is reflected in the way you treat your husband or wife.”—Barbara de Angelis
- “Weddings are important because they celebrate life and possibility.”—Anne Hathaway
- “People are weird, when we find someone with weirdness that is compatible with ours, we team up and call it love.”—Dr. Seuss
- “There are only two days in the year that nothing can be done. One is called yesterday and the other is called tomorrow, so today is the right day to love, believe, do and mostly live.”—Dalai Lama
- “Happy is the man who finds a true friend, and far happier is he who finds that true friend is his wife.”—Franz Schubert
- “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.”—Mignon McLaughlin
- “The secret to a happy marriage is if you can be at peace with someone within four walls, if you are content because the one you love is near to you, either upstairs or downstairs or in the same room, and you feel that warmth that you don’t find very often, then that is what love is all about.”—Bruce Forsyth
- “When marrying, ask yourself this question: Do you believe that you will be able to converse well with this person into your old age? Everything else in marriage is transitory.”—Friedrich Nietzsche
- “There is nothing nobler or more admirable than when two people who see eye to eye keep house as man and wife, confounding their enemies and delighting their friends.”—Homer
- “To keep your marriage brimming,
With love in the loving cup,
Whenever you’re wrong, admit it;
Whenever you’re right, shut up.”—Ogden Nash
Funny Wedding Wishes
A wedding is a momentous occasion, and the bride and groom have probably spent quite a bit of their time, money, and emotions planning it. A humorous card has the potential to stand out from the others and bring a smile to their faces, or the couple may feel that it is detracting from the gravity of the situation. Use your judgement, and if you think they would appreciate the humor, consider using one of these messages on the front of the card, and including a more personalized message on the inside:
- Marriage lets you annoy one special person for the rest of your life. I am glad your found your special person.
- Got hitched, tied the knot, took the vows, jumped the broom, signed the papers, became one, took the plunge, said I do, made it legal—all euphemisms for you’ve found someone you can annoy the bejeezus out of for the rest of your life. (You can write all of the euphemisms in different colors to take up the front of the card.)
- I’m so glad you two weirdos found each other.
- Here's to a happy marriage filled with a-chord!
- Here’s to a dino-mite marriage! (Include a picture of two T-Rexes trying to exchange rings with their tiny arms.)
- Never go to bed angry. Stay up and fight!
- And the two weirdos lived happily ever after… happy marriage!
- Wishing you a lifetime of great sex—and happiness too.
- Damn you lovebirds—I mean congrats!
- It’s about time. Free cake and open bar!
Christian Bible Verses for a Religious Wedding Card
If you and the newlyweds share a Christian faith, one of these verses may be a good addition to your card. Personalize it with your own message. The bride and groom may be interested to know why this verse stood out to you, so give the matter some thought before choosing one.
- “Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.” 1 Peter 4:8
- “Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.” Ecclesiastes 4:12
- “Be completely humble and gentle; Be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the spirit through the bond of peace.” Ephesians 4:2-3
- “He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the Lord.” Proverbs 18:22
- “Houses and wealth are inherited from parents, but a prudent wife is from the Lord.” Proverbs 19:14
Beautiful wedding wishes e-card
Wishing you the best of wedlock - e-card.
May happiness find you in every corner... Happy Wedding.
Your wedding is like bloom of a flower... Happy Married life..
Create a Framed Fabric Message Tapestry for Collective Wishes
After spending so much time thinking of the perfect words, you want those wishes to last. You can work together with your friends, family, or colleges to create a fabric message tapestry that can be framed and used as decoration in the couple’s new home.
In preparation for this project, either have everyone send you their wishes or gather everyone together for a small pre-wedding party with food and drinks!
You will need:
- A typewriter
- A frame
- Simple white fabric (muslin or canvas will work perfectly), cut to 8.5’’x11’’ rectangles
- Colorful patterned fabric (a handkerchief or patterned shirt from a thrift store will work perfectly), cut slightly larger than the size of the frame
- Printer paper
Tape the simple white fabric to sheets of printer paper. This will make it easier for the typewriter to type upon.
Feed the white fabric/printer paper through the typewriter and allow everyone to type their wishes onto it.
Cut out the messages and use the thread to stitch them onto the colorful patterned fabric.
Center the colorful patterned fabric over the back of the frame. Fold the edges over and tape them down so that the fabric will remain fixed. Put the frame together, and you are ready to present some beautifully memorable wishes to the bride and groom!
Nice and Helpful links :
Here's nice list of wedding wishes and congratulations, if you still not find a perfect words to wish for wedding event.
In addition you can use your wedding wishes messages on ready to use e-cards. All you need to click on "Make E-card" option on any wedding wishes message. Hope you will find it helpful.
© 2013 moso