10 Fun Things to Do at a Sleepover
What Can You Do at a Sleepover?
Are you planning a sleepover? Well, that’s just fabulous! Inviting a bunch of your closest friends to sleep overnight at your place is always a blast. You're sure to make many memories and inside jokes.
You can choose many things to do at a sleepover, but it doesn't mean that all of them will be fun. Forget the cards and boring board games. Use this time to connect with your friends. Doing this may involve putting everyone's phone away for a night, a seemingly daunting task these days. The question you need to answer is: how are you going to keep everyone busy for so many hours without getting bored?
If you have a dull sleepover, your friends may not want to stay over again. We can't have that happen, so I've compiled a list of 10 fun activities to help you out below!
10 Fun Sleepover Activities
1. Makeovers. Who doesn’t enjoy the occasional makeover? From dressing up each other’s hair and makeup to painting nails fun colors, find ways to make everyone look and feel beautiful. Go the extra mile by busting out a camera and striking some poses together!
2. Spa Night. Steam up the bathroom for a sauna and give each other facials and massages. Every girl deserves to be pampered sometimes, and a sleepover is a perfect opportunity! Your bodies will thank you. You’re welcome.
3. Play Manhunt. A classic favorite is a manhunt. This is not the ordinary game of “hide-and-seek” you played as a child. If you live on a large piece of property or have wooded areas nearby, this activity is a lot of fun! Be safe and bring flashlights.
4. Watch Movies or TV. The perfect way to wind down after a long night of fun is to watch a movie or two. Grab a big bowl of popcorn and pop in your favorite DVD or television series. You probably won’t end up paying much attention to the screen, but that’s even better!
5. Bonfire. You'll need adult supervision for this one. Start a bonfire, roast marshmallows, and make s’mores! Tell scary stories or even secrets by the light of the fire. This is a night with your friends, so make some memories!
6. Camp. If you and your friends are okay with roughing it, try camping somewhere. Even if it's just in your backyard, camping can be a whole lot of fun if you do it right.
7. Truth or Dare. This is another classic favorite that should be on everyone’s list of things to do at a sleepover! Choose carefully and proceed with caution, I double-dog dare you!
8. Swim. Swimming is always a blast, but everyone knows that swimming at night takes the fun to a whole new level! Invent games using glow sticks, and you can have yourself a glow pool party!
9. Pig Out. Everyone loves food, especially good food. Sleepovers are a great excuse to stuff your face with indulgent foods like popcorn, chips, soda, and chocolate! Just don’t forget to brush your teeth before bed!
10. Pranks. If you have your parents, siblings, or even neighbors you know well around the house, pull a harmless prank or two. Not only will you all be entertained, but you will also remember this night forever. Just make sure your victim has a good sense of humor!
4 Tips to Keep in Mind for a Great Sleepover
While you're planning your awesome slumber party, make sure to keep the following tips in mind to create a fun experience for everyone.
- Everyone has a different personality, so some of these activities may suit some but repulse others.
- You should find a good balance in your activities to include all of your guests.
- If necessary, have a few activities going on simultaneously so everyone is busy and happy. After all, they made a choice to spend their entire night with you.
- Don’t forget to mess with the first person that falls asleep. You know exactly what I mean! Just give everyone fair warning if you play by this rule to avoid upsetting someone. Do not fall asleep first, or else! Remember, even as host, you are not exempt from this rule!
I challenge you to do all of these things, even if it means you get no sleep. It'll be well worth it, and everyone will have a fun night to remember!
Guide to Hosting an Awesome Slumber Party
What's your favorite slumber party activity?
Questions & Answers
What is your favorite prank at a sleepover?
Plastic wrap on doorways is a classic and it usually doesn't end terribly.Helpful 11
Why do people like sleeping at a sleepover?
I'm not sure people "like" it so much as they need it. It's actually kind of hard to stay up all day and all night. The good news for you is that you can use this to your advantage. When else would you have such a good chance to prank your friends? Just don't be the first one to fall asleep!Helpful 9