Engelta keeps a notebook full of meaningful quotes and enjoys sharing these words of wisdom and inspiration with others.
Sometimes quotes are read to inspire, sometimes to teach, sometimes only because a celebrity said them, and other times to include them in an article.
Most of the time, quotes are an escape from reality, an awkward situation, or an unpleasant feeling. They are a path to understanding more of the world that is alive around you, to finding yourself, to discovering feelings you were not aware of, or to noticing the intelligence of certain geniuses or life gurus. Sometimes you find answers in them, perhaps the ones you've been searching for.
Whatever your reason may be, here are 100 of my favorite quotes for you. I have written them in my notebook to always remember. I love sharing quotes that show a picture of love, a way to find motivation, a enlightening method of understanding or simply appreciating women, and ones that tell a story of life and a desire to do art.
Motivation and Self-Respect
- You never have to chase what wants to stay.
- When hate does not work, they start telling lies.
- We worry about tomorrow like it is promised.
- You are exactly what you tolerate, put up with, accept, stand for...
- You have got to find people who love like you do.
- The worst kind of disrespect you can get is from yourself.
- We live with the scars we choose.
- Let no foot mark your ground, let no hand hold you down.
- We all have souls of different ages.
- It is not who you are that holds you down, it is who you think you are not.
- We shared a split second in eternity, two hearts in one place and the world called it chance.
- Madness as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes s a little push.
- Fear is only as deep as the mind allows.
- Behind every beautiful thing, there has been some kind of pain.
- Let no man pull you low enough to hate him.
- People cheat and lie because it is easier to get forgiveness than permission.
- Everything you can imagine is real.
- We were dreamers not so long ago, but one by one, we had to grow up.
- Whenever you do a thing act as if all the world were watching.
- If you love life, life would love you back.
- How did the days steal you so efficiently from me? Time is a thief that never gets caught.
- "What-ifs"—All they do is to make it unable for you to heal.
- Eventually soul-mates meet, for they have the same hiding place.
- Some of us think holding on is what makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.
- How many people never get the one they want, but end up with the one they are supposed to have.
- That is the trouble with caring about anybody, you begin to feel overprotective. Then you begin to feel crowded.
- You know that place between sleep and awake; that place where you can still remember dreaming? That is where I will always love you. That is where I will be waiting.
- People come and go, and you let them go. Easy as that.
- Bet there is a difference between mending someone who is broken and finding someone who makes you complete.
- Love is dangerous for your tiny heart, even in your dreams, so please dream softly.
- I carry your heart. I carry it in my heart.
- That for which we find words, is something already dead in our hearts.
- I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine.
- How terrible is love something that death can touch.
- A guy and a girl can be just friends, but at one point or another they will fall for each-other . . . maybe temporarily, maybe at the wrong time, maybe too late, or maybe forever.
- You should be able to make a man smile with your clothes on.
- I crave a love so deep the ocean would be jealous.
- The magic of first love is our ignorance it can never end.
- A man is only as good as what he loves.
- Nobody is perfect until you fall in love with them.
- She decided to start living the life she had imagined.
- Even when she walks, one would believe she dances.
- She is funny, crazy, moody, and destroys her own image and yet, she is the prettiest, because she does not pretend to be pretty.
- Her sins were scarlet, but her books were read.
- If you love her, you will love somebody else someday.
- Crying is for plain women, pretty women go shopping.
- She left pieces of her life everywhere she went. "It is easier to feel the sunshine without them"—she said.
- She has hurt fewer people than anybody I know, and if you look at it like that, she has created a better world, she as won!!
- Every second she was dying and they did not even notice.
- She quietly expected great things to happen to her, and no doubt that is one of the reasons why they did.
- And this same flower that smiles today, tomorrow will be dying.
- Do not let a man put anything over you except an umbrella.
- She was an escapist at heart, preferred imaginary worlds to the real one.
- Maybe someone women are not meant to be tamed. Maybe they are meant to run free until someone just as wild as them, chooses to run with them.
- She flies by her own wings.
- She smiled at the stars, like they knew all her secrets.
- She is the kind of girlfriend God gives you young, so you will know loss for the rest of your life.
- She is a mess of gorgeous chaos, and you can see it in her eyes.
- Her kisses left something to be desired . . . the rest of her.
- He loved her of course, but better than that, he chose her day after day. Choice: that was the thing.
- So, you have an opinion about my life? Which one of my bills will you be paying this month?
- Your life is your message to the world, Make sure it is inspiring.
- Life is about the people you meet and the things you create with them.
- The real problem with reality is lack of background music.
- While life goes on, and pain goes on, stories do us the favor of ending.
- History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it.
- The trouble is you think you have time.
- When you realize how perfect everything is, you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky.
- There are millions of people who would love to leave forever, and then, they do not know what to do in a rainy Sunday evening.
- The only people who fear death are those with regrets.
- Get busy living, or get busy dying.
- The idea is to die young, as late as possible.
- The only thing that makes it a part of your life, is that you keep thinking about it.
- Is not everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more?
- Time solves most things. And what time can not solve, you have to solve yourself.
- Life happens. Live with it.
- Life did not meant to make us perfect beings. Those who pretend to be perfect, do not have any place here among us, their place is in a museum!
- Eventually all the dots will connect.
- Life is like photography, you develop from the negatives.
- I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine.
- Art is never finished, only abandoned.
- To be an artist, you must have a devil inside.
- To be an artist, is to enter into competition with God.
- The purpose of writing is make your mother and father drop dead with shame.
- I can not stop writing. It is a form of insanity.
- Be less curious about people, and more curious about ideas.
- To write is to act.
- Writing is prayer.
- We have art in order not to die of the truth.
- We write to taste life twice.
- Art is to console those who are broken by life.
- My heart is a thousand years old.
- End with an image, and do not explain.
- We carry in us all we could ever possibly need.
- If the world does not exist, invent it; but first be sure it does not exist.
- You never have to change anything you got up in the middle of the night to write.
- If you have an idea, and it would be too rude for adults, write it for children.
- When you photograph in colors, you photograph their clothes. But when you photograph in black and white, you photograph their souls.
- Good books do not give up all their secrets at once.
- Nothing can be more deceiving than a photograph.
Questions & Answers
Question: Where can I find that one quote which has the power to change my whole world?
Answer: You can only find it within you.
Question: Why do you not name the authors of these quotes?
Answer: Most of them are anonymous with no certain source.
© 2014 Ensorcelie
fauzia on September 11, 2020:
Thank you so much for sharing these meaningful quotes,,,,,,,May the Lord God bless you soooooooooo much,,,,,,
Tanya., on June 29, 2018:
Wonderful & beautiful quotes & some thought provoking !!!! Thank you ....!
Louise on December 05, 2017:
My favorite quote---It's not the amount of breaths you take--it's about the moments that take your breath away..
Yanglish on October 30, 2017:
Those are fantastic quotes, that I really enjoyed reading.
Here's some more love quotes: http://www.yanglish.com/words-of-love/50-famous-tr...
Andy on October 29, 2017:
Thanks E for the very inspiring quotes. Here's one of my favourites: "Live life whilst you're alive because you're a long time dead" (Scottish proverb)
brigid lamar on July 02, 2017:
Love this... :)
Di on May 14, 2017:
Love them all E ..motivating and thoughtfull....
Lesly on May 12, 2017:
Thank You For Those Amazing Quotes❤️
They Really Got Me Thinking....
Tessa Gray on December 13, 2015:
I loved a lot of these quotes, but there were so many typos!
Ensorcelie (author) from Albania on November 19, 2015:
Thank you for reading :)
Yanglish on November 19, 2015:
Thanks for the compilation. Especially liked the Art quotes.
Ensorcelie (author) from Albania on October 05, 2015:
Thank you so much for reading :)
Ixaxi on October 04, 2015:
I appreciate a lot of this quotes! I also featured a few at my instagram. Thank you so much for sharing.
Ensorcelie (author) from Albania on June 01, 2015:
You are welcome :)
Lee Cloak on June 01, 2015:
A fantastic hub packed full of wonderful quotes, a really great read, well done, thanks for sharing, voted up, Lee
Ensorcelie (author) from Albania on June 01, 2015:
thank you :)
Zoenchii from Albania on June 01, 2015:
wonderful inspiring quotes
verona on May 07, 2015:
Live life to the full. You only have one life. When your hourglass have run out that's when life ends.
Christy on March 06, 2015:
thank you so much for sharing these. I love quotes also and have hundreds I want to put in book form.
Ensorcelie (author) from Albania on December 10, 2014:
Thank you for this careful review, and some quotes are not depressive, I think they are more realistic. And I have written this collection not only for those happy-all-the-year round people, but even for those who do not feel so good at this point of their life.
And there is nothing new in feeling a little down time to time, or feeling over the clouds every other moment.
One last thing: please, do not judge the commenter-s :) They express in the way they feel it. If you judge, you will be judged.
Greensleeves Hubs from Essex, UK on December 09, 2014:
Hello. I decided to stop by and review again. This hub is full of quotes which offer truisms about life, and maxims to live life by, and are therefore - contrary to what one commenter said - wonderful words to consider.
In the section 'Motivation and Self-Respect', I particularly like Nos 1, 4, 16 and 18 - all very accurate and worth thinking about in those situations where they apply.
And some of the 'Love Quotes', 'Woman Quotes' and 'Life Quotes' are very poignant, and get to the heart of being human.
And dare I say, even if some quotes may be considered 'depressing' - well, that is a part of life, and learning from what makes us depressed and dealing with it, is the only way to overcome it, and live life to the fullest. That way one can become the most contented soul one can be.
It is a good collection, and in your profile you describe yourself as both an introvert and a dreamer - that doesn't surprise me as introverts tend to dwell with deep thoughts, and dreamers aspire to make the most out of life. Both apply to many of the quotes here which are worth consideration by all of us. Alun :)
Ensorcelie (author) from Albania on December 09, 2014:
That is because you see life that way [depressing], and that's exactly how you perceive the quotes messages.
guest on December 09, 2014:
Half of these quote were somewhat depressing if you look at this from different angles they really aren't a wonderful collection
Ensorcelie (author) from Albania on June 05, 2014:
Thank you, I appreciate your kind words. :) I am glad you did understand why I put an image last, and did not explain, as I am glad that you took a minute more to find the meanings behind those quotes.
Greensleeves Hubs from Essex, UK on June 05, 2014:
An interesting collection Engie; thought provoking because some need to be pondered carefully to understand the true meaning behind them. But when considered deeply, some show great wisdom. I particularly liked the last section of art quotes, many of which were indeed, quite artistically expressed.
And you 'ended with an image, and did not explain'. (13) :-) Voted up.
Ensorcelie (author) from Albania on April 28, 2014:
Thank you :)
Kevin W from Texas on April 28, 2014:
There are a lot of great quotes in this hub Engelta, some of them I already live by. Excellent for motivation. Thumbs up on your hub.