20 New Year Quotes to Help You Start the Year Mindfully
Next Year Could Be Your Best Yet
Many people drift from one year into the next, mindless of the new hope and opportunity the new calendar can bring. Whether it's due to an unhealthy emotional state or an irresponsible lifestyle, individuals who fail to recognize all that a new year can herald miss the excitement that comes with the change.
Many others are mindful of the milestone and its opportunities for new beginnings and changes in certain areas of their lives. This group will appreciate the following quotes, which contain insights worthy of consideration when preparing to move forward into the next year. In each quote, there is a fact or assumption to consider. It is my hope that one of these quotes may help inspire a beneficial change of attitude that will bring you success in the new year.
About New Beginnings
1. "While end of the year is approaching . . . wipe away all the leftover parts of the past that are unwanted and may restrict you from moving into the next year with confidence." —Rajesh Goyal
2. "For last year's words belong to last year's language
And next year's words await another voice.
And to make an end is to make a beginning." —T.S. Eliot in "Little Gidding"
3. "The chief beauty about time is that you cannot waste it in advance. The next year, the next day, the next hour are lying ready for you, as perfect, as unspoiled, as if you had never wasted or misapplied a single moment in all your life." —Arnold Bennett
4. "There's always next year and the chance to rectify everything." —Bradley Wiggins
5. "If you make time each month to give your money some attention, you'll start the next year in fabulous financial shape." ―Suze Orman
6. "Understand and accept the cycles of money. The setbacks you may have today or next year will not keep you from financial freedom. If you hold on to your goals and dreams, you will get there." ―Suze Orman
7. "When will you learn that the time to buy a thing is when you find what you want? If you go back the next year and try to get more, they will try to sell you something else." —Winslow Homer
8. "You're never guaranteed about next year. People ask what you think of next season, you have to seize the opportunities when they're in front of you." —Brett Favre
9. "The Lord can give, and the Lord can take away. I might be herding sheep next year." ―Elvis Presley
10. "History shows us that people are terrible about guessing what is going to happen—next week, next month, and especially next year." ―Barry Ritholtz
11. "If you win, fine, if you don't, you try again next year." ―Guy Forget
12. "I don't look further than next year because in our world, anything can happen." ―Patrick Vieira
13. "What you're going to be eating in the next year is decided by chefs. If the consensus is that pot-bellies are in next season, that's what's on your plate." ―Anthony Bourdain
14. "I got sober because I was worried I was going to die next year." ―Matthew Perry
About Seizing the Day
15. "Why do you hasten to remove anything which hurts your eye, while if something affects your soul you postpone the cure until next year?" ―Horace
16. "Every successful person I have heard of has done the best he could with the conditions as he found them, and not waited until next year for better." ―E. W. Howe
17. "The way to get ahead is to start now. If you start now, you will know a lot next year that you don’t know now and that you would not have known next year if you had waited." —William Feather
18. "Truth is, I think, if God just gave us our daily bread, many of us would be angry. 'That's all you're going to give me? You're just going to give me enough to sustain me for today? What about tomorrow or next year . . . I want to know that I'm set up.' And yet Jesus says just pray for your daily provisions." ―Francis Chan
19. "May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you're wonderful . . . And I hope, somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself." ―Neil Gaiman
20. "I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes. Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world." ―Neil Gaiman
What do you think might cause someone to believe that daily provision is not good enough?
© 2019 Dora Weithers