20 Interesting and Inspiring Quotes About Gardening
How Is Gardening Therapeutic?
Between my beautiful garden and my home library, I can never feel lonely. Honestly, I am not a gardener in the literal sense, but I enjoy cultivating, watering and nurturing my plants. Seeing them grow is a great feeling of sheer joy and creation, and it‘s therapeutic, too. This is my way to add colour, fragrance and positivity to my life.
I don’t have a very large area to grow my plants in, but I love my small piece of land. I grow flowers, some lovely vines, a variety of edible herbs and some easy-to-grow vegetables. I also have many potted plants. The best part of gardening is that the greenery attracts birds, butterflies and bees. It’s lovely to watch them.
Every morning, when I see a new blossom, I feel happy, and it automatically brings a smile to my face. In other words, it makes my day. I make sure to take plenty of pictures of my garden flowers and other plants because they are so shortlived. They spread happiness and then dry out, but their beauty is captured in my photographs forever.
If you have even just a small area available, you should consider growing plants. If you don't have any ground available to you, you can still cultivate plants in pots. The happiness derived from watching your green garden thrive is incomparable. The following are some wonderful quotes to provide you with some gardening inspiration.
20 Quotes About the Joy of Gardening
- "We may think we are nurturing our garden. But of course, it's our garden, that is really nurturing us." —Jenny Uglow
- "Gardening adds years to your life, and life to your years." —-Author Unknown
- "The glory of gardening—Hands in the dirt, head in the sun, heart with nature." —Author Unknown
- "To nurture a garden is to feed not just the body, but the soul." —Alfred Austin
- "I grow plants for many reasons—to please my eye, or to please my soul. To challenge the elements, or to challenge my patience, for novelty, or for nostalgia. But mostly for the joy of seeing them grow." —David Hobson
- "There is always music amongst the trees in the garden. But our hearts must be very quiet to hear it." —Minnie Aumonier
- "I am more myself in the garden than anywhere else on the Earth." —Doug Green
- "He who plants a garden plants happiness." —Author Unknown
- "Digging in the earth is such a simple way to feel grounded." —Author Unknown
- "If you've never experienced the joy of accomplishing more than you can imagine, plant a garden." —Robert Brault.
- "You're here for a short visit. Don't hurry, don't worry. And be sure to smell the flowers along the way." —Author Unknown
- "Advice from a garden—Cultivate lasting friendships, sow seeds of kindness. Listen to the sage advice. Don't let the little things bug you. Be outstanding in your field. Take thyme for yourself. No vining!" —Author unknown
- "If you want to be happy for a lifetime, be a gardener." —Author Unknown
- "The grass is greener where you water it." —Neil Barringham
- "We come from the earth. We return to the earth. And in between, we garden." —Author Unknown
- "When the world Wearies and society fails to satisfy, there is always the garden." —Minnie Aumonier
- "You can bury a lot of troubles by digging into the dirt." —Author unknown
- "Play in the dirt. Because life is too short to always have clean fingernails." —Author Unknown
- "To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow." —Audrey Hepburn
- "Why try to explain miracles to your kids when you can just have them plant a garden." —Robert Brault
- "Gardening: The fine art of soul to soil." —Jan Bills
© 2020 Chitrangada Sharan