Semas is a professional writer, artist, and graphic designer.
These are short, memorable quotes and sayings that are filled with inspiring words of wisdom. They should act as guidelines for us to refer to when we are faced with indecision and doubt.
- "We are what we think." — Buddha
- "Powerful dreams inspire powerful action." — Jonathan Lockwood Huie
- "I think therefore I am." — Rene Descartes
- "All limitations are self-imposed." — Oliver Wendell Holmes
- "Imagination is greater than detail." — Albert Einstein
What these quotes have taught me:
These quotes reveal the importance of controlling our thoughts and show that our limitations are only self-imposed. We can achieve whatever we want as long as we take action.
- "Don't sweat the small stuff." — Richard Carlson
- "Be gentle first with yourself." — Lama Yeshe
- "Live life to the fullest." — Robert Louis Stevenson
- "Make each day your masterpiece." — John Wooden
- "Another sunrise, another new beginning." — Jonathan Lockwood Huie
My take-away from new beginnings quotes:
Every day is a new beginning. Our past will not hinder us from moving forward and our future should not scare us. We must take the next step and live in the here and now. When we stop worrying about the small stuff, each day becomes a masterpiece and is full of happiness.
- "Failure cannot cope with persistence." — Napoleon Hill
- "Risk, care, dream, and expect." — Derek Davis
- "Big egos have little ears." — Robert Schuller
- "Make yourself necessary to somebody." — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "May you be happy always." — Honore De Balzac
Lessons from motivational quotes:
Persistence can help you face any kind of difficulty and emerge victorious. Dream to dare and you will taste success. One of the best things we can do in life is do favors for others without expecting a favor in return.
- "Turn your wounds into wisdom." — Oprah Winfrey
- "Actions speak louder than words." — Unknown
- "Work is love made visible." — Kahlil Gibran
- "The greatest wealth is health." — Virgil
- "Well begun is half done." — Aristotle
Messages about life I want to remember from these quotes:
- Taking care of your health is very important.
- Action gives you results.
- Beginning is the first step to success.
- Learn from your mistakes.
- Your work is the reflection of your sincerity.
More lifestyle quotes:
- "Dreaming men are haunted men." — Stephen Vincent Binet
- "Chance favors the prepared mind." — Louis Pasteur
- "Reflect upon your present blessings." — Charles Dickens
- "Fear regret more than failure." — Taryn Rose
- "In chaos, there is fertility." — Anais Nin
To me the life lessons contained in these short quotes and sayings ask us to feel confident in pursuing our dreams. We see that regret is more dangerous than failure and will pull us down, stopping us from achieving all that we would like. When we count our blessings, we acknowledge them and this allows us to see the good in life rather than the bad.
Quotes by Famous People
- "Never, never, never give up." — Winston Churchill
- "While there's life, there's hope." — Marcus Tullius Cicero
- "Failure is success in progress." — Anonymous
- "Success demands singleness of purpose." — Vincent Lombardi
- "The shortest answer is doing." — Lord Herbert
What these quotes mean to me:
The words of famous personalities seem to always impress us more than others. We often unknowingly quote a variation of Churchill's words when we say "never ever give up." Lombardi shows us that focus is the most important quality to develop and that we must take action if we wish to progress. No failure can stop you if are focused a willing to take action toward achieving your goal.
Quotes on Work
- "Success is dependent on effort." — Sophocles
- "Goals are dreams with deadlines." — Diana Schart Hunt
- "Recognition is the greatest motivator." — Gerard C. Eakedale
- "Choose the world you see." — Jonathan Lockwood Huie
- "Don't fight forces; use them." — R. Buckminster Fuller
What I learned from these quotes:
I really love these short and sweet motivators. They have the ability transform one's mood. These inspiring words let us see the positives in the world instead of lamenting what went wrong or what we have to do but don't want to do. We learn to work toward our dreams as, in reality, they are nothing more than goals with deadlines. Also, when our efforts are recognized we feel motivated to keep up the good work.
- "The greatest prayer is patience." — Buddha
- "Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." — Jimi Hendrix
- "Luck is believing you're lucky." — Tennessee Williams
- "Self-command is the main elegance." — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "Talkers are no good doers." — William Shakespeare
Why we should have patience:
These quotes outline the behavior of wise people. The wise have self-command and their wisdom shines through their in their mannerism. Patience is an armor to wear when you are tested. Be patient and have faith and you will receive what you desire.
Your Views On The 5 Word Quotes
Tony Sky from London UK on April 15, 2020:
I'm a quote addict!
Love all quotes!!
Cheeso on February 04, 2020:
Xolanie Zeine collins on July 23, 2019:
Nice quotes buddies♡♡♡
Zahid khAn on December 10, 2018:
Dont waIt for thE nspirAtion ,be the inspiration.#zk
L on December 04, 2018:
Death is the ultimate freedom
Sam on September 18, 2018:
Aww feeling inspired seriously, thanks for sharing.
Prajay ... on August 29, 2018:
They are good one than others.
lokeshakservices on August 13, 2018:
Great inspirational quotes..thanks for sharing
John Adebisi from Nigeria on January 18, 2018:
"Beginning is the first step to success," and "well begun is half done."
Kitty 7 on December 11, 2017:
John Snow from USA on August 31, 2017:
It's Short but really Motivational. I have also written few inspirational quotes at http://www.mysticquote.com/positive-inspirational-... by taking this motivation and tell me do u like it?
stunner 421 on January 24, 2017:
Tim on October 14, 2015:
Not good at all
Year 6 student on September 05, 2015:
Good, very usefull for my homework.
sumbul on April 30, 2015:
Amazing quotes ,love it
TerriCarr on March 24, 2014:
I love how you have grouped your favorite inspiring messages by the number of words. Certainly short ones are easier to memorize.
AnimalHouse on March 21, 2013:
Short but inspiring quotes. :) I like your lens. Thanks for sharing
ozpetslover on February 20, 2013:
amazing quotes, thanks for sharing
John Dyhouse from UK on October 18, 2012:
great quotes to remember, and live by
OmarAndWill on October 09, 2012:
Amazing quotes! short and powerful. My favorite right away out of the bunch even though it is hard to choose definitely is:
"Turn your wounds into wisdom" - Oprah Winfrey
darren0clue0 on August 05, 2012:
Amazing quotes, love it!
rainydaz on December 11, 2011:
This is wonderful lens. I love quotes too. The short ones are more meaningful to me than the long quotes.
TapIn2U on August 07, 2011:
I love quotes! I have a lens dedicated to happiness quotes. This is very inspiring. Great job! Hey - if you've got the time, try this great exercise from Margaret Lynch that could open the door to more Abundance - in minutes. Change is a choice: Tap along with a free demo and video and see if this works for you. Thanks! Sundae ;-)