50 Things You Should Never Do: Inspirational Quotes for Life, Love, and Happiness
Never Say Never, Unless You Mean It
The only thing better than an inspirational quote is an inspirational quote about things you should never do. You should never judge a book by its cover. You should never count your chickens before they hatch. You absolutely should never look a gift horse in the mouth.
Beyond that, there are a ton of things you should avoid if you want to live your best life. Enjoy this list of things you should never do.
Career and Business Quotes
1. "Never confuse movement with action." - Ernest Hemingway
2. "Never invest in any idea you can’t illustrate with a crayon." - Peter Lynch
3. "Never mistake knowledge for wisdom. One helps you make a living and the other helps you make a life." - Sandra Carey
4. "Never begin the day until it is finished on paper." - Jim Rohn
5. "Never become so much of an expert that you stop gaining experience. View life as a continuous learning experience." - Denis Waitley
6. "Never allow a person to tell you no who doesn’t have the power to say yes." - Eleanor Roosevelt
7. "Never mix negative thinking with negative people. Multiplying negatives, in this instance, won't make a positive.” - Richie Norton
8. "Never surrender opportunity for security." - Branch Rickey
9. "Never rest on your laurels. Nothing wilts faster than a laurel sat upon." - Mary Kay Ash
Just for Laughs: Funny Quotes
10. "Never play leapfrog with a unicorn." - Anonymous
11. "Never eat at a restaurant with a Help Wanted sign in the window." - Cynthia Nelms
12. "Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig." - Robert Heinlein
13. "Never moon a werewolf." - Mike Bender
14. "Never say "Au revoir" unless you have been talking French, or are speaking to a French person." - Emily Post
15. "Never go to bed mad. Stay up and fight." - Phyllis Diller
16. "Never speak ill of yourself! You can count on your friends for that." - Charles Maurice De Talleyrand
17. "Never deny a diagnosis, but do deny the negative verdict that may go with it." - Norman Cousins
18. "Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." - Harriet Beecher Stowe
19. "Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat." - F. Scott Fitzgerald
20. "Never give up. Today is hard, tomorrow will be worse, but the day after tomorrow will be sunshine." - Jack Ma
21. "Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present." - Marcus Aurelius
22. "Never feel self-pity, the most destructive emotion there is." - Milicent Fenwick
23. "Never let yesterday use up too much of today." - American Proverb
24. "Never let your fears run away with your emotions." - Anthony T. Hicks
25. "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead
26. "Never forget the three powerful resources you always have available to you: love, prayer, and forgiveness." - H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
27. "Never look back unless you are planning to go that way." - Henry David Thoreau
28. "Never love anybody that treats you like you’re ordinary." - Oscar Wilde
29. "Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved." - Thomas S. Monson
30. "Never try to reason the prejudice out of a man. It was not reasoned into him, and cannot be reasoned out." - Sydney Smith
31. "Never ruin an apology with an excuse." - Kimberly Johnson
32. "Never underestimate your power to change yourself. Never overestimate your power to change others." - H. Jackson Brown Jr.
33. "Never idealize others. They will never live up to your expectations." - Leo Buscaglia
34. "Never criticize what you don't understand." - Napz Cherub Pellazo
35. "Never tell a child that something is too hard for them." - Mitch Albom, quoting his mother
36. "Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway." - Elbert Hubbard
Classic "Never" Quotes
Never make a mountain out of a molehill.
Never write a check that your body can't cash.
Never put the cart before the horse.
Never bite the hand that feeds you.
Never bring a knife to a gunfight.
Never say never.
Personal Development Quotes
37. "Never give up on a dream because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." - Earl Nightingale
38. "Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game." - Babe Ruth
39. "Never give up your right to be wrong." - Dr. David D. Burns
40. "Never stagnate. Life is a constant becoming: all stages lead to the beginning of others." - George Bernard Shaw
41. "Never treat time as if you have an unlimited supply." - Og Mandino
42. "Never pay attention to what critics say. Remember, a statute has never been set up in honor of a critic." - Jean Sibelius
43. "Never place a period where God has placed a comma." - Gracie Allen
44. "Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream." - Malcolm Muggeridge
45. "Never stop learning to be who you are meant to be just because you have found someone and decided to be like him/her." - Israelmore Ayivor
46. "Never reject an idea because you don't have the money, manpower, muscle, or months to achieve it!" - Syed Ather
47. "Never interrupt someone doing what you said couldn't be done." - Amelia Earhart
48. "Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life; define yourself." - Robert Frost
49. "Never walk away from failure. On the contrary, study it carefully and imaginatively for its hidden assets." - Michael Korda
50. "Never say more than is necessary." - Richard Brinsley Sheridan
**Sources include, but are not limited to Brainyquote.com, Oxford Dictionary of Quotations, and Neverisms: A Quotation Lover's Guide to Things You Should Never Do, Never Say, or Never Forget.