Words with meaning can turn a day around. I like sharing meaningful words with others through my articles.
Inspirational Quotes About Success and Greatness
Goal setting is much more than just saying that you want something to happen. Unless you clearly define what you want and understand why you want it in the first place, your chances of success drop significantly.
By following the five golden rules of goal setting, you can set goals with confidence and enjoy the satisfaction that comes with knowing what you set out to do.
So, what do you want to achieve today?
The five golden rules of goal setting
- Set Goals That Motivate You
- Set Specific Goals and Attainable Goals
- Set Goals in Written Form
- Make an Action Plan
- Be Loyal to Yourself
Set Goals That Motivate You
Life may be short, but it is long enough for us to do great things.
- "Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out." ―John Wooden
- "Take yourself seriously for what are you going to do better." ―Md Parvej Ansari
- "To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong." ―Unknown
- "If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles." ―Sun Tzu
- "Do something to move yourself toward your major goal every day." ―Unknown
- "Always stay true to yourself no matter what, and never let what anybody says distract you from your goals." ―Unknown
- "All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them." ―Walt Disney
- "Decide whether or not the goal is worth the risks involved. If it is, stop worrying." ―Unknown
- "The starting point of all achievement is desire." ―Napoleon Hill
- "Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day-in and day-out." ―Robert Collier
Set Specific Goals and Attainable Goals
Prepare your goal statement properly. If you want to improve your retention rates, say, "I will remove all current negative thoughts from my mind."
- "Good things come to people who wait, but better things come to those who go out and get them." ―Unknown
- "Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm." ―Winston Churchill
- "Thinking should become your capital asset, no matter whatever ups and downs you come across in your life." —Dr. APJ Kalam
- "Goals are not only absolutely necessary to motivate us. They are essential to really keep us alive." ―Robert H. Schuller"
- "By recording your dreams and goals on paper, you set in motion the process of becoming the person you most want to be. Put your future in good hands your own." ―Mark Victor
- "If you want to achieve excellence, you can get there today. As of this second, quit doing less-than-excellent work." –Thomas J. Watson
- "Set realistic goals, keep re-evaluating, and be consistent." ―Venus Williams
- "All progress takes place outside the comfort zone." ―Michael John Bobak"
- "All successful people have a goal. No one can get anywhere unless he knows where he wants to go and what he wants to be or do." ―Norman Vincent Pea
Set Goals in Written Form
Be sure to know your goal, then write down why it is valuable and important to you.
- "Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life – think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success." ― Swami Vivekananda
- "The big secret in life is that there is no big secret. Whatever your goal, you can get there if you're willing to work." ―Unknown
- "If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy and inspires your hopes." —Andrew Carnegie
- "You should set goals beyond your reach so you always have something to live for." —Ted Turner
- "Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people." ―Eleanor Roosevelt
- "Dreaming is wonderful, goal setting is crucial, but action is supreme. To make something great happen you must get busy and make it happen." ―Unknown
- "It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit." ―Harry S. Truman
- "You must take action now that will move you towards your goals. Develop a sense of urgency in your life." ―H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- "Patience is not a virtue. It is an achievement." ―Vera Nazarian
- "It's harder to stay on top than it is to make the climb. Continue to seek new goals." ―Pat Summitt
Make an Action Plan
To prepare one, simply list the tasks you need to complete to achieve your objective.
- "Whenever you see a successful person you only see the public glories, never the private sacrifices to reach them." ―Vaibhav Shah
- "Opportunities don't happen, you create them." ―Chris Grosser
- "Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." ―Albert Einstein
- "What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals." ―Unknown
- "Without some goals and some efforts to reach it, no man can live." ―John Dewey
- "The whole secret of a successful life is to find out what is one's destiny to do, and then do it." ―Henry Ford
- "Think before you speak. Plan before you act. Accomplish your goals before it's too late." ―Unknown
- "Don't be afraid to give up the good to go for the great." ―John D. Rockefeller
- "One way to keep momentum going is to have constantly greater goals." ―Michael Korda
- "Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible." ―Tony Robbins
Be Loyal to Yourself
When you are loyal to yourself, you take the time to get to know yourself.
- "No matter how many goals you have achieved, you must set your sights on a higher one." ―Unknown
- "When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps." ―Confucius
- "Stay focused, go after your dreams and keep moving toward your goals." ―LL Cool J
- "The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success." ―Bruce Feirstein
- "If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time." ―Unknown
- "Goals provide the energy source that powers our lives. One of the best ways we can get the most from the energy we have is to focus it. That is what goals can do for us; concentrate our energy." ―Denis Waitley
- "Push yourself, because no one else is going to do it for you." ―Unknown
- "Great things never come from comfort zones." ―Unknown
- "Success doesn't just find you. You have to go out and get it." ―Unknown
- "Don't stop when you're tired. Stop when you're done." ―Unknown
Successful people do not become like this overnight. What most people see at a glance: health, happiness, wealth, a great career, purpose - is the result of hard work and bustle over time.
To be successful, you have to use each day as an opportunity to become better, better, and a little closer to your goals.
© 2021 Md Parvej Ansari