I am a wife, mother, and grandmother. When I'm not teaching, I am writing, crafting, and designing and selling jewelry.
Quotes on Brothers and Sisters
Some people spend their entire childhood fussing and fighting with their siblings and wishing they were an only child. Some spend their childhood in perfect harmony. Well, not perfect, but harmony nonetheless. There are also those who have no other little person in their daily life to fuss with or to hang out with—those poor people. Whatever your relationship with your brother or sister is in childhood, for many, it changes when they become adults. For some, the relationship drastically changes, and for others, the good relationship deepens to form a solid bond of friendship. Fortunately, many wake up as adults and wonder why they fussed and fought so much as a child.
All of a sudden, they begin looking at their brother or sister as a real human being. Imagine that. They become someone you can talk to, rely on, and trust. After all, who better to trust than a family member? Who knows you better than someone who grew up in the same house as you?
This article was written in honor of brothers and sisters everywhere. I hope you enjoy the quotes.
Brother Quotes and Sayings
- "Sometimes being a brother is better than being a superhero." —Marc Brown
- "A brother is a friend God gave you; A friend is a brother your heart chose." —Proverb
- "The younger brother must help pay for the pleasures of the elder." —Jane Austin
- "A brother is a friend given by nature." —Jean Baptiste Legouve
- "When brothers agree, no fortress is so strong as their common life." —Antistheras
- "A friend is a brother that once was a bother." —Unknown
- "I am smiling because you are my brother. I am laughing because there is nothing you can do about it!" —Unknown
- "Siblings are the people we practice on, the people who teach us about fairness and cooperation and kindness and caring—quite often the hard way." —Pamela Dugdale
- "First a brother, then a bother, now a friend." —Unknown
- "The best way to get a puppy is to beg for a baby brother - and they'll settle for a puppy every time." —Winston Pendelton
- "A brother share childhood memories and grown-up dreams." —Unknown
- "It was nice growing up with someone like you - someone to lean on, someone to count on...someone to tell on!" —Unknown
- "The highlight of my childhood was making my brother laugh so hard that food came out of his nose." —Garrison Keillor
- "There is no love like the love for a brother. There is no love like the love from a brother." —Astrid Alauda
- "He is my most beloved friend and my bitterest rival, my confidant and my betrayer, my sustainer and my dependent, and scariest of all, my equal." —Gregg Levoy
Sister Quotes and Sayings
- "More than Santa Claus, your sister knows when you've been bad and good." —Linda Sunshine
- "A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost." —Marion C. Garretty
- "The best thing about having a sister was that I always had a friend." —Cali Rae Turner
- "In the cookies of life, sisters are the chocolate chips." —Unknown
- "A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life." —Isadora James
- "Having a sister is like having a best friend you can't get rid of." You know whatever you do, they'll still be there." —Amy Li
- "Big sisters are the crab grass in the lawn." —Charles M. Schulz
- "You can kid the world. But not your sister." —Charlotte Gray
- "Sisters are different flowers from the same garden." —Unknown
- "A sister smiles when one tells one's stories - for she knows where the decoration has been added." —Chris Montaigne
- "My sister taught me everything I need to know, and she was only in sixth grade." —Linda Sunshine
- "A sister shares childhood memories and grown-up dreams." —Unknown
- "An older sister is a friend and a defender—a listener, conspirator, a counsellor and a sharer of delights. And sorrows too." —Pam Brown
- "Our roots say we're sisters, our hearts say we're friends." —Unknown
- "I don't believe an accident of birth makes people sisters and brothers. It makes them siblings, gives them mutuality of parentage. Sisterhood and brotherhood is a condition people have to work at." —Maya Angelou
- "If you don't understand how a woman could both love her sister dearly and want to wring her neck at the same time, then you were probably an only child." —Linda Sunshine
- "To have a loving relationship with a sister is not simply to have a buddy or confidant, it is to have a soulmate for life." —Victoria Secunda
- "Sisters don't need words. They have perfected a language of snarls and smiles and frowns and winks—expressions of shocked surprise and incredulity and disbelief. Sniffs and snorts and gasps and sighs - that can undermine any tale you're telling." —Pam Brown
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2010 Susan Hazelton
lea on September 24, 2013:
i need help i cant seem to find the right words for a tattoo about my brother hes my world
lil sis on September 13, 2013:
my bro is 10 yrs older than me and even tho he tries to beat me at everything and teases me he's the only one i know that will look after me that way a big bro does:)
Kathleen on December 08, 2012:
thank you for your beautiful page. I am sharing on my facebook about brothers and sisters.
Susan Hazelton (author) from Northern New York on October 14, 2012:
Jerry Bailey, it's true - there's nothing like family. The memories are worth their weight in gold.
Jerry Bailey on October 13, 2012:
Loved this, I grew up with three brothers and a sister we had wonderful times..and it was great, I wouldn't have changed a thing. Family is everything!
Susan Hazelton (author) from Northern New York on September 10, 2012:
ekta sardana, it's wpnderful to have such a relationship with your brother.
ekta sardana on September 09, 2012:
i am very close to my bro........we understand each other a lot:)
i love my bhai:)
Susan Hazelton (author) from Northern New York on August 25, 2012:
thank you someone?
someone? on August 25, 2012:
nice article !!!!
Susan Hazelton (author) from Northern New York on May 06, 2012:
Sudhanya, how true. You'll rarely frind the same kind of closness with anyone other than a sitr or a brother.
Sudhanya on May 03, 2012:
Being siblings is easy,but being as true sister and a true brother is difficult
Susan Hazelton (author) from Northern New York on April 18, 2012:
Sanjana, every now and then a person comes into our life that just feels as though they are family.
Sanjana on April 18, 2012:
I love my Dhanush brother(the great kolaveri star). I know he isn't in my family. But I treat him as my own brother ! These quotes helped me a lot. Thank u.
Susan Hazelton (author) from Northern New York on January 28, 2012:
Thanks TIMETRAVELOR2. I thought of my brother and this hub was born.
Sondra Rochelle from USA on January 28, 2012:
This is a lovely and interesting hub. Thanks.
Susan Hazelton (author) from Northern New York on December 19, 2011:
S/h having a brother and/or sister is a wonderful thing. You will never have a closer friend in the world.
S/h on December 18, 2011:
after a brother came to me and sister came to me my life changed for ever
S/h on December 18, 2011:
brother and sisters are the best thing that ever happened to mw
Susan Hazelton (author) from Northern New York on August 31, 2011:
gajanis786, how true. It seems as though people don't take the time anymore for that special family closeness that we grew up with. Thanks for reading and for commenting.
gajanis from Pakistan on August 28, 2011:
Excellent handy quotes....enjoyed this hub.....in fact these are a blessing in today's messy world where concept of a united family is diminishing fast.....thanks.
Susan Hazelton (author) from Northern New York on August 09, 2011:
zainab-s, thanks. I appreciate the comment.
zainab-s from Pakistan on August 08, 2011:
Susan Hazelton (author) from Northern New York on July 18, 2011:
clintonb, how true. No one knows you as well as a brother or sister.
clintonb from Adelaide, Australia on July 15, 2011:
Siblings are the true friends forever :) good post.
Susan Hazelton (author) from Northern New York on June 20, 2011:
Pinkchic, glad you liked it.
Sarah Carlsley from Minnesota on June 14, 2011:
Very cute! Thank you for sharing this!
Susan Hazelton (author) from Northern New York on June 13, 2011:
tek, thanks for the comment.
tek on June 10, 2011:
Liked the brother comments
Susan Hazelton (author) from Northern New York on February 15, 2011:
Thank you so much Moment in Time. I am glad you will find them useful.
Moment in Time on February 14, 2011:
Loved this article! I will use some of those quotes this year in cards.
Susan Hazelton (author) from Northern New York on November 09, 2010:
attempted humor, my brother and I were always close So I had good reason for this feel good hub. I think siblings are important. Thanks for visiting.
attemptedhumour from Australia on November 09, 2010:
Hi KoffeeKGs sorry it took a little while to swing over to your site but i had you penciled in for a visit. We were a tight knit unit. My two brothers and my sister attended my buck's night. (Honestly). We still get along fine even though they are all twelve thousand miles away. Nice of you to think of this feel good hub. Cheers.
Susan Hazelton (author) from Northern New York on September 25, 2010:
You're absolutely right a sister. It is important to let them know you care every now and then. Thanks for stopping in.
a sister on September 25, 2010:
it's great..i used these to put in my brother's birthday card..its good to tell them about our love now and then.. :)
Susan Hazelton (author) from Northern New York on September 07, 2010:
ahostagesituation, I think it's wonderful that you are so close to your brother. I agree, family is a wonderful thing. I too, am close to my brother. There is no one that will ever be able to replace him. Thanks for visiting.
The Lion Queen on September 02, 2010:
I just picked my brother up from the airport late last night and when my roommate asked him this afternoon, 'did you fly from the East Coast just to see your sister?' He responds, 'She didn't tell you how close we are?' My roommate can barely be in the same room with her brother which is unbelievable to me. That dude cracks me up--stories about being a landlord, his congregation, his violent games of frisbee, and his sports injuries...he is hilarious! No one is funnier. Good family is a very good thing, and no one knows you like your sibling. Unfortunately. :-).
Susan Hazelton (author) from Northern New York on August 21, 2010:
Lisa, I have three grown daughters who are very close. You are right, it is wonderful to watch them interact. My brother and I were always close growing up. Family is so important. Thanks for dropping in and thanks for your comment.
Lisa HW from Massachusetts on August 21, 2010:
Lovely Hub. I have one of each, and as far as our childhood family goes, we're pretty much who we have now. I absolutely love watching my own three, grown, children still seem so close now that they're grown. It's nice to know that they have what my siblings and I have. I guess, maybe, parents never know if it will work out that way when kids are still young. :)
Susan Hazelton (author) from Northern New York on July 11, 2010:
Thanks Minnetonka Twin, I appreciate your comments. Family is so important. Some of these quotes are great to crossstitch or use on a personalized card.
Linda Rogers from Minnesota on July 11, 2010:
KoffeeKlatch-Love this hub. I voted it up and awesome and beautiful. I am excited to start reading more of you. Found you through a follower. The sister quotes really touched me.
Susan Hazelton (author) from Northern New York on June 23, 2010:
That's so true. I wouldn't trade my friendship with my brother for anything. Thanks for your comment.
billyaustindillon on June 23, 2010:
A great reminder of how important siblings are. You grow up fighting with them and then as you grow older the friendship rather than rivalry kicks in and then that becomes support. That is my experience with my brothers - great quotes.
Susan Hazelton (author) from Northern New York on June 04, 2010:
Thanks, it's nice to honor them every now and then.
Sillyinlove on June 03, 2010:
I really liked this. Yes! Family is the MOST important.
Susan Hazelton (author) from Northern New York on May 30, 2010:
Thanks, family is so important.
Guest on May 30, 2010: