Oyewole Folarin loves writing greeting-card messages and helping others find the words they need for life's special moments.
A true friend is someone who will always be there for you through life's many ups and downs. If you’re lucky enough to have one or two really close friends, it’s important to let them know how much you value their encouragement, inspiration, support, and companionship.
You can use the simple quotes and proverbs here to embellish a card, text message, or social media post to show your closest friends how important they are to you. You can also print a few of them in your favorite fonts, cut them out, and include them in a friendship scrapbook or other personalized gift.
Famous Quotes About Best Friends
- "Every gift from a friend is a wish for your happiness." ―Richard Bach
- "Good friends help you to find important things when you have lost them . . . your smile, your hope and your courage." ―Doe Zantamata
- "Words are easy, like the wind; faithful friends are hard to find." ―William Shakespeare
- "A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow." ―William Shakespeare
- "Love is blind. Friendship tries not to notice." ―Angela Kendrick
- "All love that has not friendship for its base, is like a mansion built upon the sand." ―Ella Wheeler Wilcox
- "True friendship is like sound health; the value of it is seldom known until it is lost." ―Charles Caleb Colton
- "Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses." ―Ann Landers
- "Laughter is not at all a bad beginning for a friendship, and it is far the best ending for one." —Oscar Wilde
- "A bad cold wouldn’t be so annoying if it weren’t for the advice of our friends." ―Kin Hubbard
- "I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light."
- "A friendship founded on business is better than a business founded on friendship." ―John D. Rockefeller
- "The only way to have a friend is to be one." —Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "People are people; through other people, we constantly seek confirmation of our own existence by how we relate to others." —Bryce Courtenay
Sample Proverbs About Friendship
- "It is better to be in chains with friends than to be in a garden with strangers." ―Persian Proverb
- "The death of a friend is equivalent to the loss of a limb." ―German Proverb
- "A friend is one to whom one may pour out the contents of one's heart, chaff and grain together, knowing that the gentlest of hands will take and sift it, keep what is worth keeping and with a breath of kindness blow the rest away." ―Arabian Proverb
- "A fool may be known by six things: anger, without cause; speech, without profit; change, without progress; inquiry, without an object; putting trust in a stranger, and mistaking foes for friends." ―Arabian Proverb
- "No road is too long in the company of a good friend." ―Japanese Proverb
- "Be careful of your enemy once and of your friend a thousand times, for a double-crossing friend knows more evil." ―Arabian Proverb
- "There is no better brother than a good next-door neighbor." ―Spanish Proverb
- "In union, there is a strength." ―Spanish Proverb
- "Old friends and old wine and old gold are best." ―Spanish Proverb
- "May the roof above us never fall in and may the friends gathered below it never fall out." ―Irish Blessing
- "Always remember to forget the friends that proved untrue. But never forget to remember those that have stuck with you." ―Irish Proverb
- "A toast to your coffin. May it be made of 100 year old oak. And may we plant the tree together, tomorrow." —Irish Proverb
- "A friend in need is a friend indeed." ―Latin Proverb
What Are Friends For?
If you’ve enjoyed reading the quotes in this article, feel free to drop a comment below. If you have any quotes or proverbs that you think would be helpful to our readers, please share them in the comments as well. Don't forget to hug your friends! Thanks for stopping by.
© 2011 Oyewole Folarin
Arpitha T Robin on January 31, 2020:
Every words and sentences are so meaningful .Each sentences have a meaning ....
htodd from United States on September 04, 2011:
Thanks great post
Ruby Jean Richert from Southern Illinois on August 25, 2011:
Enjoyed very muck. Thank you.
b. Malin on August 25, 2011:
How Upbeat and Fun this Hub was to Read Incomeguru. I voted it UP my friend!