Best Friend Quotes and Proverbs About Friendship
A true friend is someone who will always be there for you through life's many ups and downs. If you’re lucky to have one or two, it’s important to let them know how much you value their encouragement, inspiration, support, and friendship.
You can use simple quotes and proverbs to convey your feelings. But maybe you’re having some trouble figuring out which one is the right one to use.
Luckily, I’ve collected a few short and simple sayings you can put in a birthday card, add to your scrapbook, put on pictures, share on a Facebook wall/timeline, add to your Instagram bio page, or share with the friends you care about so much.
Sample Best Friends Quotes From Famous People
- “Every gift from a friend is a wish for your happiness.” ―Richard Bach
- “Good friends help you to find important things when you have lost them . . .. your smile, your hope and your courage.” ―Doe Zantamata.
- “Words are easy, like the wind; Faithful friends are hard to find.” ―William Shakespeare
- “A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.” ―William Shakespeare
- “Love is blind. Friendship tries not to notice.” ―Angela Kendrick
- “All love that has not friendship for its base, is like a mansion built upon the sand.” ―Ella Wheeler Wilcox
- “True friendship is like sound health; the value of it is seldom known until it is lost.” ―Charles Caleb Colton
- “Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual, confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.” ―Ann Landers
- “A bad cold wouldn’t be so annoying if it weren’t for the advice of our friends” ―Kin Hubbard
- "A friendship founded on business is better than a business founded on friendship." ―John D. Rockefeller
- “A difficult time can be more readily endured if we retain the conviction that our existence holds a purpose, a cause to pursue, a person to love, a goal to achieve.” ―John Maxwell
- “People are people; through other people, we constantly seek confirmation of our own existence by how we relate to others. ―Bryce Courtenay
Sample Proverbs About Friendship
- “It is better to be in chains with friends than to be in a garden with strangers.” ―Persian Proverb
- "The death of a friend is equivalent to the loss of a limb." ―German Proverb
- “A friend is one to whom one may pour out the contents of one's heart, chaff and grain together, knowing that the gentlest of hands will take and sift it, keep what is worth keeping and with a breath of kindness blow the rest away.” ―Arabian Proverb
- “A fool may be known by six things: anger, without cause; speech, without profit; change, without progress; inquiry, without an object; putting trust in a stranger, and mistaking foes for friends.” ―Arabian Proverb
- “Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.” ―Plato (427-347 B.C.)
- “Be careful of your enemy once and of your friend thousand times, for a double crossing friend knows more evil.” ―Arabian Proverb
- “There is no better brother than a good next-door neighbor.” ―Spanish Proverb
- “In union, there is a strength.” ―Spanish Proverb
- “Old friends and old wine and old gold are best.” ―Spanish Proverb
- “May the roof above us never fall in and may the friends gathered below it never fall out.” ―Irish Blessing
- “Always remember to forget the friends that proved untrue. But never forget to remember those that have stuck with you.” ―Irish Proverb
- “A woman like a lamb, a quiet friendly woman.” ―Irish Proverb
- "A friend in need is a friend indeed.” ―Latin Proverb
If you’ve enjoyed reading this article, then feel free to drop a comment below. And if you've found funny quotes or proverbs that would be helpful to our readers, simply use the comment box to share them as well. Thank you!
© 2011 Oyewole Folarin