Love Quotes and Romantic Expressions
"A Rose Is A Rose Is A Rose." Gertrude Stein
Most adults have probably heard the song, ‘What’s Love Got To Do With It’? Maybe you even sing along when you hear the old, classic Tina Turner song. What is love? What is it? Is love really just a sweet old fashion notion? I suppose that could be left to one’s own perspective and interpretation. How many poems have been written describing love and romance?
For this article, I will share a few of the expressions of love I have written, and love quotes I have collected over the years. I think our feelings can express so much when written and expressed through words. There is a language of words and a language without words, that which is felt. Do the feelings and the words make love real? For a moment? For a season? For a lifetime?
Lovely LOVE Quotes
- “Someone who does not run towards the allure of love walks a road where nothing lives.” Rumi
- “A true love never tires or wanes but is with us always, like our blood, our breath. I shall never weary of that brow, nor those grey, wistful eyes.” Abelard to Heloise
- “What cannot letters inspire? They have souls; they speak, they have in them all that force which expresses the transport of the heart, they have all the fire of our passions.” Heloise to her lover
- "There is no remedy for love but to love more." Henry David Thoreau
- “Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind,
- and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” Shakespeare
- “To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.” Oscar Wilde
Oh continue to love me, never misjudge the most faithful heart of your beloved. Ever thine, ever mine, ever ours.
Immortal Beloved— Beethoven
Love Quotes From Classic LIterature
- "He stepped down, trying not to look long at her, as if she were the sun, yet he saw her like the sun, even without looking." ~Leo Tolstoy - Anna Karenina
- "When you fall in love, it is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake, and then it subsides." ~ Louis de Bernieries - Corelli's Mandolin
- "A little she strove, and much repented, and whispering, 'I will ne'er consent' - consented." ~Lord Byron - Don Juan
Romantic LOVE Quotes
"But I being poor have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams." W.B.Yeats
“License my roving hands,
and let them go behind,
before, above, between, below.”
"A kiss, when all is said, what is it? a rosy dot placed on the ‘i’ in loving;
‘tis a secret told to the mouth
Instead of to the ear.” Cyrano De Bergerac
“She walks in beauty, like the night
of cloudless climes and starry skies;
and all that’s best of dark and bright
meet in her aspect and her eyes.” Lord Bryon
"Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired." Robert Frost
"Never marry but for love, but see that thou lovest what is lovely." William Penn
And when you appear all the rivers sound in my body, bells shake the sky, and a hymn fills the world.— Pablo Neruda
Famous Love Quotes
"The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along."
Expressions of Love by rebekahELLE
"Remember how I told you I would write you a love letter with my pen? It is tonight I tell you how happy beyond words I am to know you and to have this anticipation, to see you and hold you so close to me.”
“I think the most important moments in our lives happen at those times when we truly, completely experience the deepest of emotions.”
“Nothing great is ever gained without first having desire.”
“Everywhere around me green
the sky above me blue,
I lay down upon
the soft, soft grass
and look tenderly at you.”
"It is endless fun being alive, isn't it... there are times when life just feels very good."
I awoke and felt as though I was being held in the arms of a god.
There was a blanket of serenity covering me,
my eyes closed again,
could this be real….
or the midst of my midnight dream?— rebekahELLE
"But Earthlier Happy Is The Rose.." William Shakespeare
What Is Love?
To define love is to give it boundaries and as far as I can understand from reading and living and experiencing this grand emotion, it has no boundaries, only those we place upon 'it'. It is comprised of our thoughts, our energies, our emotions, physical attraction, intimacy, understanding, forgiveness, desire to be a part of someones life, to be united and committed to something grander than our own self.
Love is a gift to treasure and share.
"Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident.”
Louis de Bernieries - Corelli's Mandolin