I enjoy collecting, reading and sharing quotes of all kinds, especially inspirational quotes.
The power of words to motivate is beyond question. I can still remember when my daughter whispered in my ear the first time, "I love you, my Mamaw," and the first time I heard the doctor say, "You can do it!" Then she said, "It's a girl!" My life changed—and yes, everyone's life has changed with words, especially if they are motivational words and meant to inspire.
In this article, I gathered some motivational and inspirational quotes for people with disabilities so that they will be propelled to be what they want to be. Of course, my favorite is: "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me".
Motivational and Inspirational Quotes for People with Disabilities
1. "New information and communications technologies can improve the quality of life for people with disabilities, but only if such technologies are designed from the beginning so that everyone can use them. Given the explosive growth in the use of the World Wide Web for publishing, electronic commerce, lifelong learning and the delivery of government services, it is vital that the Web be accessible to everyone." —Bill Clinton
2. "Limitations only go so far." —Robert M. Hensel
3. "Placing one foot in front of the other, I've climbed to higher lengths. Reaching beyond my own limitations, to show my inner strength. No obstacle too hard, for this warrior to overcome. I'm just a man on a mission, to prove my disability hasn't won." —Robert M. Hensel
4. "Continuous effort—not strength or intelligence—is the key to unlocking your potential." —Winston Churchill
5. "The difference between those who fail and those who succeed is largely perseverance. Never quit." —Charles Schwab
6. "Nobody's good in everything. Advantages and disadvantages come in many forms." —Charles Schwab
7. "As long as you keep getting born, it's alright to die some times." —Orson Scott Card
8. "Great ideas originate in the muscles." —Thomas Alba Edison
9. "I have not failed, I’ve just found 10,000 ways that don’t work." —Thomas Alba Edison
10. "We, the ones who are challenged, need to be heard. To be seen not as a disability, but as a person who has, and will continue to bloom. To be seen not only as a handicap, but as a well intact human being." —Robert M. Hensel
11. "We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey." —Kenji Miyazawa
12. "Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration." —Thomas Alba Edison
13. "I was, on the whole, considerably discouraged by my school days. It was not pleasant to feel oneself so completely outclassed and left behind at the beginning of the race." —Winston Churchill
14. "Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." —Winston Churchill
15. "People with disabilities have abilities too and this is what this course is all about, making sure that those abilities blossom and shine so that all the dreams you have can come true." —Mary McAleese
16. "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." —Thomas Alba Edison
sandy braun on March 03, 2020:
very emotious, these quotes ate cheese
Ibidii on August 23, 2014:
Very inspirational. I have multiple disabilities and if I can see that Helen Keller did it, I can try too. Thank you for writing these inspirational quotes!
hari priya on July 13, 2014:
these quotes are very inspirable and very emotious....
Gina on April 21, 2012:
What a thought provoking and inspiring site!
And because of my appreciation of coming across this page, I am going to take the liberty of adding my overall favorite quote. I think it is highly appropriate of this subject matter.
"Although the world is full of suffering, it is also filled with the overcoming of it." By Helen Keller
Jenny on March 15, 2012:
I loved the site! Very inspirational! Thank you!
Yaz on February 12, 2012:
this was beautiful thanks (:
naturalsolutions on September 22, 2011:
Continuous effort not strength or intelligence is the key to unlocking your potential. This gonna be my favorite thought for this year. I really agree to you, inspirational word makes people boost their ambitions and take it to the highest level they never thought they could have.
hope on September 07, 2011:
Take the dis out of disabled then i am able take the cap away from Handy i am useful take the label away I am me
Sarah Hill on July 22, 2011:
NEVER give up! My disability denial attorney Marc Whitehead told me this at a time when I needed to hear it. Now I tell myself those 3 words everyday. As simple as it sounds, it helps!
Sarah on June 07, 2011:
I love these quotes, thank you so much for sharing. I work for an amazing disability lawyer and I am going to post some of these around our office!
irenemaria from Sweden on February 27, 2011:
We ALL need inspiration...disabled more perhaps. I sure liked this hub.
Jalus on November 29, 2010:
This is a wonderful hub and a very important one. I will be passing this one on. Thanks
freehans from Philippines on October 25, 2010:
incredibly nice hub. I think I need to bookmark this interesting hub
rami on September 23, 2010:
ultimatepotential from India on June 13, 2010:
This was simply incredible, truly inspiring!
Micky Dee on May 10, 2010:
Very, very nice! Incredibly nice! Thank you!
Jasmine on May 09, 2010:
What a great idea for a hub! It just might be my favourite in this HubMob week!
rprcarz50 on May 08, 2010:
Thank you so much for putting together this warm and thoughtfull Hub. Great and inspiring information. You really put your heart into this one.
As Always Also a2z50
Sandy Mertens from Wisconsin, USA on May 07, 2010:
Nice quotes for people with disabilities.
Cassandra Mantis from UK and Nerujenia on May 07, 2010:
Hello Maita, Great hub here. It strikes the right note on disability. Edison gets to have some of the best quotes, I love the one about never giving up being our biggest flaw as people. He is right!
samboiam from Texas on May 07, 2010:
1.I have not failed, I’ve just found 10,000 ways that don’t work -- By Thomas Alba Edison
That is one of my favorite quotes. Rated it up.