I've been a huge fan of all things horror all my life. There is no safer way to get that feeling of dread or disgust than horror. I love it!
Creepy Quotes to Keep You Up at Night
Everyone has their own favorite scary quotes from movies, books, games, and comics that we like to use on occasion, but some of the creepiest quotes I've heard have come from casual conversations turned dark. It does seem that everyone has a bit of a dark side, which is why whenever we hear a particularly disturbing saying, it makes us sit up and take notice . . . because somewhere inside . . . it resonates with us. This is why I'm fascinated with all things horror—perhaps you are as well.
What you're going to find in this article are sayings that horrify, preoccupy, and maybe, just maybe, make your life a bit more paranoid. After all, who doesn't like to have a little paranoia in their life every once in a while? Any horror fan should find this article a good read, and if you're just a casual fan of being scared, I'm confident that you'll find stuff that will make shivers run up and down your spine and keep you awake at night. Enjoy . . . and happy nightmares.
Scary Sayings Are Scary Because They Echo Truth
1. There are times when all I can think about is murdering someone.
2. Sometimes, the things you see in the shadows are more than just shadows.
3. Delicate things are not as easy to break as you may think.
4. Pull back my carpets if you dare! Just keep in mind that you're likely to find something you may not want to see!
5. It was July when the dogs began to disappear from the neighborhood. About a week later, people began to go missing.
6. I've tried to take my own life 73 times. Every time was a failure. And messy.
7. Something was scratching the other side of my pillow all night long.
8. The smile she gave me wasn't one from mother to child: it was one from predator to prey.
9. I wish to organize the first serial killer convention. What do I need to do?
10. (To a gun store clerk) I need to buy a rifle and one bullet.
11. Razors have so many interesting uses.
Read More From Holidappy
12. I get so tired of watching. I want to start doing.
13. "We shall see that at which dogs howl in the dark and that at which cats prick up their ears after midnight." —H.P. Lovecraft
14. Stare at me much longer and I'll pluck out your eye.
15. My hope is that one day I will be able to say, "I've killed a chicken."
16. Even a baby can be dangerous when given a sharp scalpel.
17. Kirsty: "Who are you?"
Pinhead: "Explorers… in the further regions of experience. Demons to some, angels to others." —Hellraiser (1987)
Tales From the Darkside
Tales From the Darkside was one of my favorite TV shows when I was a kid. If I ever come across an old episode, I always find myself watching it to this very day. Though the episodes themselves could be a bit of a hit or miss, I always looked forward to the creepy words that were shared before and after the show—they always sent chills up and down my spine as I contemplated them.
Creepy Quotes to Cause the Hair on the Back of Your Neck to Stand Up
18. I'm gonna make you eat this gold and then I'm gonna sink your ass into the ocean!
19. A good selection of herbs and spices helps make any kind of meat go down.
20. Nightmares will come pouring out of Hell when the Devil gets desperate.
21. What if the spiritual world is the job and the living world the vacation?
22. Those that don't go mad every once in a while, eventually go mad permanently.
23. Homes don't always like all tenants. They retaliate in whatever way they can.
24. There's a reason so many people like Halloween. The real reason goes unsaid by many.
25. Some spirits possess the living to feed the addictions they had while alive. Do you know anyone who eats a lot, drinks a lot, or smokes a lot?
26. "What's the best way to talk to dead people?” —A child to her mother
27. “The first time you're careful. You learn what you need to know to kill and take care of the details.” —Ted Bundy
28. Someone is asked what they're doing in the cemetery. He responds, "I'm looking for eyes."
29. Ghosts have been humans. Demons never have. That's the difference between being scared and being threatened.
30. Sometimes your imagination plays tricks on you; sometimes it doesn't. Knowing the difference can save your life . . . or your soul.
31. “My job is to get the Devil himself out of trouble if need be!” —A lawyer
32. There are bad spirits on the other side, just as there are bad people in this world.
33. Demons are constantly looking for new recruits, both in the living world and the spiritual.
Horror Quotes That Are Scary, Disturbing, Creepy and Gruesome
34. Bloodshed is the only choice left for me now. Bad news for you.
35. A sharp knife is necessary to slice through flesh. Otherwise, you'll shake the whole table.
36. "In the middle of nowhere, along a quiet stretch of road, the diner dreamt of the hungry dead. And of two men." —Gil's All Fright Diner, A. Lee Martinez
37. Feel free to scream whenever you want.
38. The right music makes everything better. It can make the gruesome seem poetic. During my torture sessions, I like to play a lot of Katy Perry.
39. A needle inserted. Razors slicing through flesh. Ecstasy.
40. The first time you do something horrible is the hardest. You'll find the second time you do it won't be so hard. The third time? Gravy.
41. People come here for pain! For suffering! And I am the one that gives it to them!
42. Rule #1: Never open portals to Hell. You broke it; now deal with the consequences.
43. Is it weird that I like the sound of screaming?
44. Metal scraping against bone sets my teeth on edge.
45. While you sleep, spirits watch with envy. Sometimes you can feel their chill.
46. "People really think there can never be such things as zombies. I want to prove them wrong." —A scientist
47. I want to be a gravedigger when I grow up.
48. The skin is the best part!
49. I think my nightmarish hallucinations are a direct result of me drinking too much milk.
50. The worst thing in the world would be to be eaten alive by chickens.
51. The soup is made from tears, thickened by a nice roux.
Scary Quotes and Creepy Sayings
52. Fishhooks make for great playthings.
53. I've figured out how to make this organic machine last forever.
54. Even toilet paper can be used to kill if you know my secret.
55. Elongation of limbs can be a problem without the proper equipment.
56. I have been sent here to fulfill the secret wishes you'd never utter out loud.
57. One can't be too picky about meat when meat is hard to find.
58. The best perk of being rich? Being able to do unthinkable things. Things that would make other people cringe.
59. Give me a roll of plastic, some duct tape, and a few needles, and I'm set to go.
60. I had a dream last night that my eyeball fell out! Tell me what that one's about!
61. This whole bag of concrete has to go down your throat.
62. I've always wanted to find out what makes kitty cats tick.
63. "It was the devil that was omnipresent. It was the dead who squeezed the living between fragments of time, on both sides, the past and the future, making of humanity a ghoulish sandwich of doomed meat that had yet to learn to stop kicking." —Christopher Pike, The Cold One
64. That sound you hear at night. That scratching sound. That’s the rats trying to gain entry into your home.
65. My fantasies are much darker than you think, my dear.
66. The sound of a shovel digging into the earth makes me shiver with anticipation.
67. "All the ancient classic fairy tales have always been scary and dark." —Helena Bonham Carter
68. "We’re grilling a kind of meat I bet you've never tried before!" — An excited waiter
100 Greatest Horror Movie Quotes
If you've never seen the horror movie quote compilation above, you're in for a treat. It's a really good edit job, and you can tell the person who did it is a true horror fan.
Some Sayings Are Scary Because They Are Not Understood
69. "Through all this horror my cat stalked unperturbed. Once I saw him monstrously perched atop a mountain of bones, and wondered at the secrets that might lie behind his yellow eyes." —H.P. Lovecraft, The Rats in the Walls
70. "I've killed no one. I've ordered no one to be killed. These children who come to you with their knives; they're your children. I didn't teach them, you did." —Charles Manson
71. Baby opossums make for excellent appetizers (as they are hairless).
72. I promise to kill you quickly when the time comes.
73. "The pious pretense that evil does not exist only makes it vague, enormous and menacing." —Aleister Crowley
74. It's time to round up all the smart people and open them up; time to find out what makes them tick!
75. "Fork: An instrument used chiefly for the purpose of putting dead animals into the mouth." —Ambrose Bierce
76. I have always had a strong urge to dig my fingers into a person's eye sockets.
77. The only thing I can tell you about revenge is that it fulfills a need. What that need is, I can't say, but every time I exact it on the deserving, I feel good, if only for a moment.
78. I always spout out horror movie quotes during my torture sessions. It makes me and the victim more at ease.
79. Person A: Did you know that there are five dead kids buried in your backyard?
Person B: As a matter of fact, I did.
80. Nothing will give you more of a thrill than tracking a human animal.
81. The best days are the rainy ones. I can go outside and let the rain wash off all the blood. Much better than taking a shower!
82. Unfortunately, amputation is a requirement of the job.
83. My toenails have made many deep marks into that dead flesh.
84. "I like to use glass instead of a scalpel. That's the way dad used to do it; that's the way I do it. Let's get started, shall we?" —A torturer to his victim
85. It doesn't taste like chicken, you know. People who've never tried it always say that. It's more like beef than anything.
Lesser-Known Movie Quotes That Are Scary As Hell
86. “Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to meet the Devil!” — R.B. Harker, Howling VI: The Freaks (1991)
87. “Disposing of dead people is a public service, whereas you're in all sorts of trouble if you kill someone while they're still alive.” — Francesco Dellamorte, Cemetery Man (1994)
88. “Your father's one sick mother, you know that? Actually, your mother's one sick mother, too!” — Fool, The People Under the Stairs (1991)
89. “I think we just picked up Dracula.” — Franklin, The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974)
90. “I'm twelve. But I've been twelve for a long time.” — Eli, Let The Right One In (2008)
91. “Bring out the perverts!” — Inspector Morosini, The Bird with the Crystal Plumage (1970)
92. “I'm still not convinced these things didn't just escape the local nuthouse and forget to shave or trim their nails.” — Cooper, Dog Soldiers (2002)
93. “Your death will be a tale to frighten children, to make lovers cling closer in their rapture. Come with me and be immortal.” — Candyman, Candyman (1992)
94. “He tells me that even old flesh is erotic flesh.” — Forsyth, They Came from Within (1975)
Best Openings From Alfred Hitchcock Presents
Creepy and dreadful sayings abound in the openings of this show. Not only does Hitchcock entertain you with his dark sense of humor, but he gives you that feeling of upcoming trepidation sure to follow. This is a solid series made even better by Hitchcocks' introductions.