I've been a huge fan of all things horror all my life. There is no safer way to get that feeling of dread or disgust than horror. I love it!
Creepy Quotes to Keep You Up at Night
Everyone has their own favorite scary quotes from movies, books, games, and comics that we like to use on occasion, but some of the creepiest quotes I've heard have come from casual conversations turned dark. It does seem that everyone has a bit of a dark side, which is why whenever we hear a particularly disturbing saying, it makes us sit up and take notice . . . because somewhere inside . . . it resonates with us. This is why I'm fascinated with all things horror—perhaps you are as well.
What you're going to find in this article are sayings that horrify, preoccupy, and maybe, just maybe, make your life a bit more paranoid. After all, who doesn't like to have a little paranoia in their life every once in a while? Any horror fan should find this article a good read, and if you're just a casual fan of being scared, I'm confident that you'll find stuff that will make shivers run up and down your spine and keep you awake at night. Enjoy . . . and happy nightmares.
Scary Sayings Are Scary Because They Echo Truth
1. There are times when all I can think about is murdering someone.
2. Sometimes, the things you see in the shadows are more than just shadows.
3. Delicate things are not as easy to break as you may think.
4. Pull back my carpets if you dare! Just keep in mind that you're likely to find something you may not want to see!
5. It was July when the dogs began to disappear from the neighborhood. About a week later, people began to go missing.
6. I've tried to take my own life 73 times. Every time was a failure. And messy.
7. Something was scratching the other side of my pillow all night long.
8. The smile she gave me wasn't one from mother to child: it was one from predator to prey.
9. I wish to organize the first serial killer convention. What do I need to do?
10. (To a gun store clerk) I need to buy a rifle and one bullet.
11. Razors have so many interesting uses.
Read More From Holidappy
12. I get so tired of watching. I want to start doing.
13. "We shall see that at which dogs howl in the dark and that at which cats prick up their ears after midnight." —H.P. Lovecraft
14. Stare at me much longer and I'll pluck out your eye.
15. My hope is that one day I will be able to say, "I've killed a chicken."
16. Even a baby can be dangerous when given a sharp scalpel.
17. Kirsty: "Who are you?"
Pinhead: "Explorers… in the further regions of experience. Demons to some, angels to others." —Hellraiser (1987)
Tales From the Darkside
Tales From the Darkside was one of my favorite TV shows when I was a kid. If I ever come across an old episode, I always find myself watching it to this very day. Though the episodes themselves could be a bit of a hit or miss, I always looked forward to the creepy words that were shared before and after the show—they always sent chills up and down my spine as I contemplated them.
Creepy Quotes to Cause the Hair on the Back of Your Neck to Stand Up
18. I'm gonna make you eat this gold and then I'm gonna sink your ass into the ocean!
19. A good selection of herbs and spices helps make any kind of meat go down.
20. Nightmares will come pouring out of Hell when the Devil gets desperate.
21. What if the spiritual world is the job and the living world the vacation?
22. Those that don't go mad every once in a while, eventually go mad permanently.
23. Homes don't always like all tenants. They retaliate in whatever way they can.
24. There's a reason so many people like Halloween. The real reason goes unsaid by many.
25. Some spirits possess the living to feed the addictions they had while alive. Do you know anyone who eats a lot, drinks a lot, or smokes a lot?
26. "What's the best way to talk to dead people?” —A child to her mother
27. “The first time you're careful. You learn what you need to know to kill and take care of the details.” —Ted Bundy
28. Someone is asked what they're doing in the cemetery. He responds, "I'm looking for eyes."
29. Ghosts have been humans. Demons never have. That's the difference between being scared and being threatened.
30. Sometimes your imagination plays tricks on you; sometimes it doesn't. Knowing the difference can save your life . . . or your soul.
31. “My job is to get the Devil himself out of trouble if need be!” —A lawyer
32. There are bad spirits on the other side, just as there are bad people in this world.
33. Demons are constantly looking for new recruits, both in the living world and the spiritual.
Horror Quotes That Are Scary, Disturbing, Creepy and Gruesome
34. Bloodshed is the only choice left for me now. Bad news for you.
35. A sharp knife is necessary to slice through flesh. Otherwise, you'll shake the whole table.
36. "In the middle of nowhere, along a quiet stretch of road, the diner dreamt of the hungry dead. And of two men." —Gil's All Fright Diner, A. Lee Martinez
37. Feel free to scream whenever you want.
38. The right music makes everything better. It can make the gruesome seem poetic. During my torture sessions, I like to play a lot of Katy Perry.
39. A needle inserted. Razors slicing through flesh. Ecstasy.
40. The first time you do something horrible is the hardest. You'll find the second time you do it won't be so hard. The third time? Gravy.
41. People come here for pain! For suffering! And I am the one that gives it to them!
42. Rule #1: Never open portals to Hell. You broke it; now deal with the consequences.
43. Is it weird that I like the sound of screaming?
44. Metal scraping against bone sets my teeth on edge.
45. While you sleep, spirits watch with envy. Sometimes you can feel their chill.
46. "People really think there can never be such things as zombies. I want to prove them wrong." —A scientist
47. I want to be a gravedigger when I grow up.
48. The skin is the best part!
49. I think my nightmarish hallucinations are a direct result of me drinking too much milk.
50. The worst thing in the world would be to be eaten alive by chickens.
51. The soup is made from tears, thickened by a nice roux.
Scary Quotes and Creepy Sayings
52. Fishhooks make for great playthings.
53. I've figured out how to make this organic machine last forever.
54. Even toilet paper can be used to kill if you know my secret.
55. Elongation of limbs can be a problem without the proper equipment.
56. I have been sent here to fulfill the secret wishes you'd never utter out loud.
57. One can't be too picky about meat when meat is hard to find.
58. The best perk of being rich? Being able to do unthinkable things. Things that would make other people cringe.
59. Give me a roll of plastic, some duct tape, and a few needles, and I'm set to go.
60. I had a dream last night that my eyeball fell out! Tell me what that one's about!
61. This whole bag of concrete has to go down your throat.
62. I've always wanted to find out what makes kitty cats tick.
63. "It was the devil that was omnipresent. It was the dead who squeezed the living between fragments of time, on both sides, the past and the future, making of humanity a ghoulish sandwich of doomed meat that had yet to learn to stop kicking." —Christopher Pike, The Cold One
64. That sound you hear at night. That scratching sound. That’s the rats trying to gain entry into your home.
65. My fantasies are much darker than you think, my dear.
66. The sound of a shovel digging into the earth makes me shiver with anticipation.
67. "All the ancient classic fairy tales have always been scary and dark." —Helena Bonham Carter
68. "We’re grilling a kind of meat I bet you've never tried before!" — An excited waiter
100 Greatest Horror Movie Quotes
If you've never seen the horror movie quote compilation above, you're in for a treat. The edit job is excellent, and you can really tell the person who did it loves horror movies. I'm willing to bet, you'll find some that you really like.
Some Sayings Are Scary Because They Are Not Understood
69. "Through all this horror my cat stalked unperturbed. Once I saw him monstrously perched atop a mountain of bones, and wondered at the secrets that might lie behind his yellow eyes." —H.P. Lovecraft, The Rats in the Walls
70. "I've killed no one. I've ordered no one to be killed. These children who come to you with their knives; they're your children. I didn't teach them, you did." —Charles Manson
71. Baby opossums make for excellent appetizers (as they are hairless).
72. I promise to kill you quickly when the time comes.
73. "The pious pretense that evil does not exist only makes it vague, enormous and menacing." —Aleister Crowley
74. It's time to round up all the smart people and open them up; time to find out what makes them tick!
75. "Fork: An instrument used chiefly for the purpose of putting dead animals into the mouth." —Ambrose Bierce
76. I have always had a strong urge to dig my fingers into a person's eye sockets.
77. The only thing I can tell you about revenge is that it fulfills a need. What that need is, I can't say, but every time I exact it on the deserving, I feel good, if only for a moment.
78. I always spout out horror movie quotes during my torture sessions. It makes me and the victim more at ease.
79. Person A: Did you know that there are five dead kids buried in your backyard?
Person B: As a matter of fact, I did.
80. Nothing will give you more of a thrill than tracking a human animal.
81. The best days are the rainy ones. I can go outside and let the rain wash off all the blood. Much better than taking a shower!
82. Unfortunately, amputation is a requirement of the job.
83. My toenails have made many deep marks into that dead flesh.
84. "I like to use glass instead of a scalpel. That's the way dad used to do it; that's the way I do it. Let's get started, shall we?" —A torturer to his victim
85. It doesn't taste like chicken, you know. People who've never tried it always say that. It's more like beef than anything.
Lesser-Known Movie Quotes That Are Scary As Hell
86. “Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to meet the Devil!” — R.B. Harker, Howling VI: The Freaks (1991)
87. “Disposing of dead people is a public service, whereas you're in all sorts of trouble if you kill someone while they're still alive.” — Francesco Dellamorte, Cemetery Man (1994)
88. “Your father's one sick mother, you know that? Actually, your mother's one sick mother, too!” — Fool, The People Under the Stairs (1991)
89. “I think we just picked up Dracula.” — Franklin, The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974)
90. “I'm twelve. But I've been twelve for a long time.” — Eli, Let The Right One In (2008)
91. “Bring out the perverts!” — Inspector Morosini, The Bird with the Crystal Plumage (1970)
92. “I'm still not convinced these things didn't just escape the local nuthouse and forget to shave or trim their nails.” — Cooper, Dog Soldiers (2002)
93. “Your death will be a tale to frighten children, to make lovers cling closer in their rapture. Come with me and be immortal.” — Candyman, Candyman (1992)
94. “He tells me that even old flesh is erotic flesh.” — Forsyth, They Came from Within (1975)
Best Openings From Alfred Hitchcock Presents
Creepy and dreadful sayings abound in the openings of this show. Not only does Hitchcock entertain you with his dark sense of humor, but he gives you that feeling of upcoming trepidation sure to follow. This is a solid series made even better by Hitchcocks' introductions.
Get Ready for Halloween With More Horror Movie Quotes
95. “And you will face the sea of darkness, and all therein that may be explored.” —The Beyond (1981)
96. “Hey, you wanna see something really scary?” — passenger, Twilight Zone: The Movie
97. “Enjoy the horrorthon, doctor... and don't forget to watch the big giveaway afterwards.” —Conal Cochran Halloween 3: Season of the Witch (1982)
98. “The city of the dead. The living dead. A cursed city where the gates of hell have been opened.” — Mary Woodhouse, City of the Living Dead (1980)
99. “No matter how gruesome or horrible the murder, you can always find someone who’ll buy the house.” — Marcy, American Horror Story Season 1 (2007)
100. “Don't worry she'll come back. I didn't hurt her brain.” — Lizzie, after killing her sister, The Walking Dead Season 4 (2014)
101. “Did you know that I could hear the scratching of her fingernails on the casket lid?” — Roderick Usher, House of Usher (1960)
102. ”I've seen enough horror movies to know that any weirdo wearing a mask is never friendly.” — Girl in car, Friday the 13th Part 6: Jason Lives (1986)
103. “You don't call a man a tree.” — Ahab, Father’s Day (2011)
104. "Every 23rd Spring, for 23 days, it gets to eat." — Jeepers Creepers 2 (2003)
Short Scary Quotes for Horror Fans
105. I'll put a spell on you.
106. Blood is life.
107. I have made trees bleed.
108. That scratching you hear in your head is the monster trying to get out.
109. Time to cause some screaming.
110. Killing since 1987.
111. Ants across the eyeballs!
112. I'm supposed to be scary.
113. Bad things inside.
114. Bloody boots build strong legs.
115. Even my eyes have eyes.
116. Focus on the slicing.
117. Tap the vein; ecstasy awaits.
118. Sacred marks lie below the skin.
119. I'll swallow your soul!
120. Creepy plus scary plus passion equals love.
121. Teach me how to obey.
122. The rumors are true.
123. I didn't do it.
124. Ultimate horror fan!
125. Caveat Emptor (This is Latin for "let the buyer beware". Can you imagine this creepy quote on a working girl?)
126. Evil is a consequence of good.
127. I am the villain.
128. Sleep with me at your own risk. (Imagine seeing this on a woman you have a crush on.)
129. Only nine toes left.
More Quotes That Will Scare, Disturb and Cause Goosebumps
130. "In London, there is a man who screams when the church bell rings." — H.P. Lovecraft, "The Descendant"
131. "Yes, terrible things happen, but sometimes those terrible things... they save you." — Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted
132. "My sleep wasn't peaceful, though. I have the sense of emerging from a world of dark, haunted places where I traveled alone." — Suzanne Collins, Mockingjay
133. "You get what anybody gets—you get a lifetime." — Neil Gaiman, Sandman, Vol 1 : Preludes and Nocturnes
134. "Some tiny creature, mad with wrath, is coming nearer on the path." — Edward Gorey, The Evil Garden
135. "The only thing they can get me for is running a funeral parlor without a license." — John Wayne Gacy
136. "I want to peel the rest of your skin off." — Said by my little brother about my mom's sunburn
137. Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones. — Psalms 137:9 King James Bible
138. "You can't eat me, dammit! At least not legally." — Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE
139. "You cut up a thing that's alive and beautiful to find out how it's alive and beautiful, and before you know it, it's neither of those things, and you're standing there with blood on your face and tears in your eyes and only terrible ache of guilt to show for it." — Clive Barker
140. "Biting is excellent. It's like kissing—only there's a winner." — Neil Gaiman
141. "I want everyone to understand how beautiful an autopsy can really be." — One of Mine (Controlled Chaos)
142. "As a child, I dragged a dead squirrel home, cut it open and tried to look at its brain." — Jessica Biel
143. "I am a monster; I am the Son of Sam and I love to hunt." — David Berkowitz
144. "My toenails are sharp and have killed fourteen souls!" — Me
145. "If there is a God, he will have to beg my forgiveness." — Carved into a wall by a Jewish prisoner
146. "It’s not hands that summon us. It is desire." — Hellbound: Hellraiser 2(1988)
147. "Kid, I’m the Joker. I don’t just randomly kill people. I kill people when it’s funny." — Joker, Batman Issue 686
148. "There were worse things than crucifixion. There were teeth." — Stephen King, The Stand
149. A little bit of torture goes a long way.
150. One day everyone will realize that plants can scream; then even the vegetarians won’t know what to eat.
Creepy Things To Say To Horror Fans
151. "Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon." — Rorschach, The Watchmen
152. "Satan has his companions, fellow devils, to admire and encourage him; but I am solitary and detested." — Mary Shelley, Frankenstein
153. When I first starting killing things, it was amazing. I was like Christopher Columbus going into the wild.
154. Let’s spend the night lounging about the living room taking turns relaying dark chilling quotes from our favorite films.
155. May I pop your pimples?
156. I just love picking out scary costumes for Halloween; costumes so scary that they make little kids cry.
157. I'm gonna invade Heaven.
158. "Notice… Anyone found here at night will be found here in the morning." — From a Sign
159. "I’m glad to see you’re back. You’re glad to see my front." — Elvira, Mistress of the Dark
160. "And when you gaze long enough into the abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." — Friedrich Nietzsche
161. "We have such sights to show you." — (Pinhead) Hellraiser (1987)
162. "I'm gonna need a hacksaw." — Jack Bauer, 24 Season 2
163. My eyes bleed because I've watched you so intently!
164. "I knew it was going to be a really good movie… as soon as he buried that knife into her chest." — Roger Jackson, Inside Story (about Scream)
165. "A fan once asked if he could have a piece of my hair for voodoo. I said no, so he hugged me and plucked out a couple of hairs and ran off." — Amy Lee
166. "That mouth… so moist, so alive. I want to chew on it, taste it." — Eye Candy (2015)
167. The more killing you do, the better you get at it… as it is with anything.
168. "Pretty soon, sooner than you think… you’re gonna scream." — Bruce Campbell, Masters of Horror Documentary
169. "Everyone is a moon and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody." — Mark Twain
170. The technology for pulling teeth has advanced little, as has the pain you feel during and afterwards.
More Dark Quotes of Horror
171. "Everything must go." (Said about a small town.)
172. "The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat." — Genesis 3:13
173. You ain't seen nothing like this.
174. I wonder what causes me to have such violent and realistic dreams?
175. Would you like to sell me your pinky finger?
176. All game should be treated with respect, even the two-legged variety.
177. "Even smiling makes my face ache." — Dr. Frank N. Furter, The Rocky Horror Picture Show
178. I'm going to play baseball with your head.
179. My favorite time to pick up women is early in the morning. I'm talking about 6 a.m. early.
180. "It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again." — Buffalo Bill, Silence of the Lambs (1991)
181. Almost half of my monthly income comes from rat killing. So yeah, I like killing rats.
182. "We've got a fainter down in head removal!" — Tour Guide Of A Chicken Processing Plant, Yes Man (2008)
183. Smile while you can.
184. Priest: "I kick ass for the Lord!" (jumps in to give zombies a beat down.) — Dead Alive (1992)
185. "Beware the autumn people." — Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes
186. "But the wolf… the wolf only needs enough luck to find you once." — Emily Carroll, Through the Woods
187. "There is only one true way to make a person be quiet, and it's located right over there in that cupboard." — Said to me a long time ago by my great Aunt.
188. Demon: "What an excellent day for an exorcism." — The Exorcist (1973)
189. "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places." — H.P. Lovecraft, The Picture in the House
190. "How about this for a headline tomorrow? French Fries!" — James French (execution by electric chair)
Scary Horror Quotes You'll Love
191. My boots have plenty of blood on them.
192. Lifting bodies is all the workout I need to build muscle.
193. "I am an eternal child. I am the eater of worlds, and of children." —Pennywise in Stephen King's It (1990)
194. "This inhuman place makes human monsters." —The Shining by Stephen King
195. "Everything is true. God’s an astronaut, Oz is over the rainbow and Midian is where the monsters live." —Peloquin in Nightbreed (1990)
196. I wish murder were a stock I could invest in!
197. "Let’s spend the night lounging about the living room taking turns relaying dark chilling quotes from our favorite films." —Maxine Hong Kingston
198. "The monster demands a mate!" —Tagline from The Bride of Frankenstein (1935)
199. "When there's no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the earth." —Peter in Dawn of the Dead (1978)
200. "I am the Devil, and I am here to do the Devil’s work." —Otis in The Devil’s Rejects (2005)
201. "Ding dong. You're dead." —Tagline from House (1986)
202. Scary quotes and goosebumps go hand in hand and are most apparent on a dark night by a campfire in the woods.
203. "The candle flame gutters. Its little pool of light trembles. Darkness gathers. The demons begin to stir." —Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World
204. "I warned you not to go out tonight." —Tagline from Maniac (1980)
205. The best thing about pain is . . . that it’s painful.
206. "My revenge has just begun! I spread it over centuries and time is on my side." —Count Dracula in Dracula by Bram Stoker
207. "Be regular and orderly in your life, that you may be violent and original in your work." —Clive Barker
208. I always use horror movie or scary quotes when I send out my Halloween party invitations.
209. "Poison them, drown them, bash them on the head. Got any chloroform? I don’t care how you kill the little beasts. Just do it, and do it now!" —Cruella De Vil in 101 Dalmations by Dodie Smith
210. "Meat’s meat, and a man’s gotta eat." —Vincent on human flesh in Motel Hell (1980)
Another Batch of the Scariest and Creepiest Quotes You've Ever Heard
211. I do so prefer waking up to screaming in the morning.
212. "The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where one ends, and where the other begins?" —Edgar Allan Poe
213. "Horror is the removal of masks." —Robert Bloch
214. "I’m your number one fan." —Annie in Misery (1990)
215. "What's your pleasure, sir?" —Merchant in Hellraiser (1987)
216. "Am I walking toward something I should be running away from?" —Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House
217. God is cruel. Sometimes he makes you live. - Stephen King
218. It is time for me to walk the abyss. Time to reclaim my own. I must talk to the Morningstar. I do not have high hopes for the meeting. – Dream, Sandman #4
© 2013 Don
Do you have any hair-raising quotes that will send shivers down someone's spine?
Wynter Tucker on May 29, 2020:
these are great i told them to everyone now they think i am crazy
Mackenzie Mattson on January 24, 2020:
These are amazing, I think I wrote down about 29 quotes! The "Smile while you can" quote fits me so well!
Alyson on November 20, 2019:
Md Parvej Ansari from Bangalore on November 16, 2019:
Wow, great collection of horror quotes
Katlovedart on November 09, 2019:
I have a few that I've written for various people in a story I'm writing.
"Ugh, just when I think I have everything under control, I wake up covered in blood." -Dyllan Connors
"I'd say dying is the least of our worries tonight." -Dyllan Connors
"Don't write her off so soon, or you won't have anything to eat."
"Yes, yes, we're all going to die, and it will be beautiful! Gorgeous, even! Our blood and our entrails will be sprawled all over the battlefield, in neat little piles, and we can finally say 'We did it! We did it! We died exactly as we lived; in pain and suffering!' And do you know what?! NOTHING WILL HAVE CHANGED!!!"-Emily Young
I think a lack of context makes them all the spookier.
Tim Truzy from U.S.A. on September 24, 2019:
Excellent horror quotes. Brought back memories and just a bit of a chill. Great article.
William on September 24, 2019:
Here’s a good one
“I have voices. They tell me blood is good for me. Well, today’s your end!!!!” Then laugh in their face
Amyryn Munroe on July 13, 2019:
Here's a quote
"you ask me why I'm so serious?
It's when I'm smiling that you should be worried"
pisssedoff on April 28, 2018:
A thought in my head when dealing with a crazy neighbor: Scream at me again you unreasonable bitch and I'm going to smash your head into the door until your brains splatter and the cops come carry me away, and I will smile. But, I'm not like that I'll add her to my book. So much worse. She's lucky there are laws and I have a child, so lucky.
Don (author) from Tennessee on April 01, 2018:
At Good nice,
Try sitting in the dark by candlelight with a bunch of friends and saying some of these quotes. I'm willing to bet someone will get scared. Boo!
Good nice on March 31, 2018:
valarie drew on January 10, 2018:
Its great to visit this page it gives me alot of creative ideas.i really like visiting this page.
film critic on September 09, 2017:
Maybe not as creepy as some of the above, but I just saw the new rendition of "It" last night, and there was some great use of repetition. "You'll float too," and "I thrust my fists against the post, and still insist I see the ghost." Sorry, a few of the words may be off... but worked well dramatically in any case.
Movie Whisperer from Moreton Bay, Queensland on July 05, 2017:
Extensive list there Don.
Kara Skinner from Maine on July 04, 2017:
There are some great quotes here! Many of them are very scary. Thanks for the scare. :)
Jeremy Gill from Louisiana on June 15, 2017:
Nice job! As a horror movie and novel fan, I expected to know the origins of many of these, but most were a surprise. Number five strikes me as something from either Pet Cemetery or a Goosebumps episode, but I could be wrong. Regardless, well done.
Ryan from Louisiana, USA on June 01, 2017:
Horror films are a great genre. Even the cheesy ones we still love today. Some great quotes. Definitely a fun hub to read. Good job.
Ella Brennan on April 21, 2017:
Great post! These are reasons we love horror so much
p on February 14, 2017:
asifahsankhan on January 04, 2017:
Anybody petrified? ~(O_.0}~ I'm serious.
No? Alright. Just me, then.
PS: Great post! : )
Laura Smith from Pittsburgh, PA on October 24, 2016:
Very good list. I'm always looking for decent horror movie quotes.
Mohan Kumar from UK on October 19, 2016:
A compendium of creepiness to delight me and get me in the mood for Halloween. Awesome possum.
Sometimes they come back. Sometimes they follow you till you turn around and then make your worst nightmares come true. And then they come back again.
Ced Yong from Asia on July 09, 2016:
I managed to make it down the list. But I am probably going to lose sleep.
BayBay on June 28, 2016:
It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.
NeedyGirl on May 31, 2016:
"When the fox hears the rabbit scream he comes a running, but not to help." - Thomas Harris, The Silence of the Lambs
Afrodark on May 27, 2016:
its not that i am afraid to do it , i am just tryna figure a out a way to get away with it............lol
PeachyKeen on May 18, 2016:
Houses... are alive. This is something we know. If we're quiet, if we listen, we can hear houses breathe. A good house cradles and comforts; a bad one fills us with instinctive unease. Bad houses hate our warmth and our humanness. That blind hate of our humanity is what we mean when we use the word "haunted". -Rose Red (2002 TV Mini Series)
Adolf Titler on February 05, 2016:
Why do characters in horror movies run upstairs instead of out the front door?
horrorfan457 on September 27, 2015:
My favorite horror movie quote comes from The Exorcist (1973). "What an excellent day for an exorcism." The demon that is possessing Reagan is making a challenge to the priest by saying this. As soon as you hear this you know that the sh*t is about to hit the fan... and it does.
Horror Fan 007 on July 15, 2015:
Scary quotes for Halloween is always needed during the month of October, but being a huge fan of these films, I find myself using them whenever I get a chance, even though not everyone notices it.
Roxy on June 22, 2015:
I love how in horror movies the person screams out hello like the bad guys gonna say hey I'm in the kitchen want a sandwich
Lenny on October 30, 2014:
"When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth."
One of the scariest quotes from one of my favorite horror films. George Romero's Dawn of the Dead from 1978.
fireskullsmash2 on October 24, 2014:
The more I think about, I feel like visiting the graves in my backyard
Samface11 on May 04, 2014:
Sometimes when I talk to my friends, I step back and realize they were once buried in my back yard
SadisticDreams on April 28, 2014:
â Let me be your nightmare. I'll drag you to my hell as you lay, unable to awaken.â .
Don (author) from Tennessee on January 06, 2014:
@kiley-sweazy: The more I think about this remark, the more creeped out I become.
kiley-sweazy on January 05, 2014:
I'm so happy because I found my friends today. They're inside my head.
anonymous on August 02, 2013:
"The 3 types of terror: The Gross-out: the sight of a severed head tumbling down a flight of stairs, it's when the lights go out and something green and slimy splatters against your arm. The Horror: the unnatural, spiders the size of bears, the dead waking up and walking around, it's when the lights go out and something with claws grabs you by the arm. And the last and worse one: Terror, when you come home and notice everything you own had been taken away and replaced by an exact substitute. It's when the lights go out and you feel something behind you, you hear it, you feel its breath against your ear, but when you turn around, there's nothing there..."
-Stephen King, The Master of Horror