Semas is a professional writer who finds inspiration and meaning through words and quotes.
What Are Some Uplifting and Positive Inspirational Words?
Words have the power to motivate us and help us to live more intentionally. Each of us have areas of our lives that we would like to improve, and there are quotes and words of wisdom that can almost always be found to motivate and inspire us in these different areas. As we strive to grow and improve ourselves, it's important to choose the words we speak to ourselves carefully. I've listed below some words that represent possible areas in which individuals may hope to grow and have included quotes that might help motivate and inspire personal change in each area.
- "He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life."
- “You can have anything you want if you want it badly enough. You can be anything you want to be, do anything you set out to accomplish if you hold to that desire with singleness of purpose.”
- “Here I am . . . wanting to accomplish something and completely forgetting it must all end—that there is such a thing as death.”
- "Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do."
—Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “Do you want to know who you are? Don’t ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.”
- “The path to success is to take massive, determined actions.”
- "Ambition is the path to success. Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in."
- “Ambition is enthusiasm with a purpose.”
- “A man’s worth is no greater than his ambitions.”
- "Believe it can be done. When you believe something can be done, really believe, your mind will find the ways to do it. Believing a solution paves the way to solution."
—David Joseph Schwartz
- “Be brave to stand for what you believe in even if you stand alone.”
—Roy T. Bennett
- "Believing in yourself is not for you; it's for every person who has touched your life in a significant way and for every person your life will touch the same way five minutes from now, or five centuries from now."
- "Clarity precedes success."
- “A lack of clarity could put the brakes on any journey to success.”
- “Clarity affords focus.”
- "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."
—Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “The key to life is accepting challenges. Once someone stops doing this, he’s dead.”
- “I don’t run away from a challenge because I am afraid. Instead, I run towards it because the only way to escape fear is to trample it beneath your foot.”
- "Once you have commitment, you need the discipline and hard work to get you there."
- “Commitment is an act, not a word.”
- “Commitment is what transforms a promise into a reality.”
- "Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence."
- "Self-confidence is the memory of success."
- “Without self-confidence, we are as babes in the cradle.”
- "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
- “Courage is the most important of all the virtues because, without courage, you can’t practice any other virtue consistently.”
- “Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear—not absence of fear.”
- "Failures are made only by those who fail to dare, not by those who dare to fail."
—Lester B. Pearson
- "Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
- "Dare to dream, but even more importantly, dare to put action behind your dreams."
- "Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough."
- “A vow is fixed and unalterable determination to do a thing when such a determination is related to something noble which can only uplift the man who makes the resolve.”
- “Desire is the key to motivation, but it’s the determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal—a commitment to excellence—that will enable you to attain the success you seek.”
- "You can do anything as long as you have the passion, the drive, the focus, and the support."
- "The road to success is not easy to navigate, but with hard work, drive, and passion, it's possible to achieve the American dream."
- "Good business leaders create a vision, articulate the vision, passionately own the vision, and relentlessly drive it to completion."
- "The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent."
- “Envisioning the end is enough to put the means in motion.”
- "I am an artist, and I have the ability and the free will to choose the way the world will envision me."
- "Excellence is not a skill, it's an attitude."
- “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit.”
- “Excellence is a continuous process and not an accident.”
- "It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light."
- “I don’t care how much power, brilliance or energy you have, if you don’t harness it and focus it on a specific target, and hold it there you’re never going to accomplish as much as your ability warrants.”
- “Your destiny is to fulfill those things upon which you focus most intently. So choose to keep your focus on that which is truly magnificent, beautiful, uplifting and joyful. Your life is always moving toward something.”
- "Forgiveness doesn't make the other person right; it makes you free."
- “Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.”
- “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.”
- "Only those who have learned the power of sincere and selfless contribution experience life's deepest joy: true fulfillment."
- “If you devote yourself entirely to a noble pursuit, there is no way you cannot find beauty and fulfillment.”
- “True happiness is a state of fulfillment.”
- "Set your goals high, and don't stop 'til you get there."
- “Goals. There’s no telling what you can do when you get inspired by them. There’s no telling what you can do when you believe in them. And there’s no telling what will happen when you act upon them.”
- “If you set goals and go after them with all the determination you can muster, your gifts will take you places that will amaze you.”
- “Thankfulness is the beginning of gratitude. Gratitude is the completion of thankfulness. Thankfulness may consist merely of words. Gratitude is shown in acts.”
—Henri Frederic Amiel
- “I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.”
—Gilbert K. Chesterton
- “Gratitude is the healthiest of all human emotions. The more you express gratitude for what you have, the more likely you will have even more to express gratitude for.”
- "Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom."
- “Being honest may not get you a lot of friends but it’ll always get you the right ones.”
- “Honesty and transparency make you vulnerable. Be honest and transparent anyway.”
- "Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness."
- "We must accept finite disappointment but never lose infinite hope."
—Martin Luther King, Jr.
- "What oxygen is to the lungs, such is hope to the meaning of life."
- "The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
- "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it, we go nowhere."
- "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age and dreams are forever."
- "What you do today can improve all your tomorrows."
- “There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
- “Become addicted to constant and never-ending self-improvement.”
—Anthony J. D'Angelo
- "Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration."
—Thomas A. Edison
- "Inspiration comes from within yourself. One has to be positive. When you're positive, good things happen."
- "You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club."
- "Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort."
—Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “We cannot cure the world of sorrows, but we can choose to live in joy.”
- "The soul’s joy lies in doing.”
—Percy Bysshe Shelley
- "Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see."
- "One who knows how to show and to accept kindness will be a friend better than any possession."
- "There’s no such thing as a small act of kindness. Every act creates a ripple with no logical end."
- "An investment in knowledge pays the best interest."
- "Knowledge is power. Information is liberating. Education is the premise of progress, in every society, in every family."
- "True friendship can afford true knowledge. It does not depend on darkness and ignorance."
—Henry David Thoreau
- "We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak."
- "Listen with the intent to understand, not the intent to reply."
- "There is only one role for being a good talker—learn to listen."
- "With mindfulness, you can establish yourself in the present in order to touch the wonders of life that are available in that moment."
—Thich Nhat Hanh
- "Mindfulness helps you go home to the present. And every time you go there and recognize a condition of happiness that you have, happiness comes."
—Thich Nhat Hanh
- "Mindfulness is about love and loving life. When you cultivate this love, it gives you clarity and compassion for life, and your actions happen in accordance with that."
- "To succeed in your mission, you must have single-minded devotion to your goal."
—A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
- "Outstanding people have one thing in common: an absolute sense of mission."
- "My measure of success is whether I'm fulfilling my mission."
- "Nurture your mind with great thoughts. To believe in the heroic makes heroes."
- "The glory of gardening: hands in the dirt, head in the sun, heart with nature. To nurture a garden is to feed not just the body, but the soul."
- "If you nurture your mind, body, and spirit, your time will expand. You will gain a new perspective that will allow you to accomplish much more."
- "Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently."
- "Success is where preparation and opportunity meet."
- "If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door."
- "Outstanding people have one thing in common: an absolute sense of mission."
- "Human beings are infinitely worth studying, especially the peculiarities that often go along with outstanding gifts."
- "The higher your energy level, the more efficient your body. The more efficient your body, the better you feel and the more you will use your talent to produce outstanding results."
- "Passion is one great force that unleashes creativity, because if you're passionate about something, then you're more willing to take risks."
—Yo Yo Ma
- "Follow your passion, be prepared to work hard and sacrifice, and, above all, don't let anyone limit your dreams."
- "Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you."
- "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience."
—Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time."
- "Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy."
- "Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did."
- "Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th."
- "No one succeeds without effort . . . Those who succeed owe their success to perseverance."
- "Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect."
- "Everything is practice."
- "An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching."
- "The key is not to prioritize what's on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities."
- "Pursuit of perfection is futile. Instead, I prioritize and often realize goals or tasks I've been aiming for just aren't that important."
- "The best we can do is prioritize our needs and make choices accordingly."
- "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."
- "Question everything. Learn something. Answer nothing."
- "By doubting we are led to question, by questioning we arrive at the truth."
- "By constant self-discipline and self-control you can develop greatness of character."
- "Emotional self-control is the result of hard work, not an inherent skill."
- "Self-control means wanting to be effective at some random point in the infinite radiations of my spiritual existence."
- "It is possible to fly without motors, but not without knowledge and skill."
- "When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece."
- "Learning how to learn is life's most important skill."
- "Share your smile with the world. It's a symbol of friendship and peace."
- "Beauty is power; a smile is its sword."
- "Nothing you wear is more important than your smile."
- "Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough."
- "In order to succeed, we must first believe that we can."
- "However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
- "Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness."
- "When you think positive, good things happen."
- "Think in the morning. Act in the noon. Eat in the evening. Sleep in the night."
- "Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
- "Trust yourself, you know more than you think you do."
- "Trust in dreams, for in them is hidden the gate to eternity."
- "One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood."
—Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- "Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand."
- "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."
- "Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value."
- "Price is what you pay. Value is what you get."
- "The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred."
- "You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win."
- "Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble."
- "A winner never stops trying."
- "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."
- "Science is organized knowledge. Wisdom is organized life."
- "Silence is true wisdom's best reply."
- "Zeal will do more than knowledge."
- "Zeal without knowledge is fire without light."
- "Zeal is a volcano, the peak of which the grass of indecisiveness does not grow."
More Resources for Inspirational Words
If you want additional quotes and inspiration, you can search the resources below to discover other words or phrases that inspire you to improve.
- BrainyQuote: One of the largest quotation databases on the Internet.
- Quote Garden: A multitude of quotes for word lovers.
Adanna on September 12, 2020:
This really help whenever am down
Sumaiyah on September 09, 2020:
It's very helpful. Thanks
harley on August 26, 2020:
this helped me out with school
dfshsrrgfagrseg on August 26, 2020:
Me too Kwenza
Murchana on August 25, 2020:
Kwenza on August 25, 2020:
Well I just needed these words for a school motivational letter for grade 7 so
Tina on August 19, 2020:
Love this so much. Thank you!
Jeremiah ogbonna on August 13, 2020:
Anna on August 09, 2020:
There are many problems in everyone's life but after reading all this
It make a place in my heart and I realized that everyone must have to read this
This inspiring sentences encourage all of us
Eric Hamukoto on August 07, 2020:
Daniel on August 02, 2020:
prachi shethiya on July 29, 2020:
i had a mood off because of my future plannings and carrier but while reading them i had a smile on my face and now i am literally very happy. now i think i can choose a right path in life. thanks a lot great work
jererry indongo on July 27, 2020:
thank you it help me alot
People on July 19, 2020:
THX! U (almost) CHANGE MY LIFE!
Neeraj on July 18, 2020:
Thanks for this....................................................
i will fill these gap after i conquer my dream
Uzor ogechi. on July 10, 2020:
Thank u so much.....ma's ad sir's.I God will help me abide i was a vry shy girl bt now i no am couragious ad i will give this words to others that think like me before.
Creamy on July 04, 2020:
That was educative n powerful
Mercy on June 28, 2020:
I feel so much at peace after reading your quotes
ilona on June 28, 2020:
so inspirational and feel empowered to do great thing.
Roxzy on June 22, 2020:
What a blessing
Luxy on June 21, 2020:
I really happy to read this mortivation quote. .
Aor Aondohemba on June 20, 2020:
It interest my whole being while . Reading.
stephen ukpata on June 18, 2020:
i'm very very thankful am happy as reading them
Solomon on June 16, 2020:
I love that
IG Ezeonyido on June 15, 2020:
I love this, thanks!
diamond freedom nigeria on June 05, 2020:
So fantastic to me.....
This are things that motivate me and keep me moving forword to archieve my dream..... Success determind on man heart...... Thanks so much.......
Abele Life on May 29, 2020:
this is really a blessing in to the world!!
Abolaji oba sukurah on May 28, 2020:
Thanks so much
Nazareth patrick on May 24, 2020:
Tanx very much dis make's me to len hw to talk very well.God bless u all
Bobby on May 22, 2020:
God bless u for posting this here.
I so much love it
EL Motivation on May 16, 2020:
Your classification is really amazing. My favorite quote- "Trust in dreams, for in them is hidden the gate to eternity."
I am glad I found your blog!
I would appreciate if you check out my work at https://www.evolvinglaunda.com/
comrade caleb samson on May 07, 2020:
thanks for d words.i pray for more wisdom and understanding
Yoga on May 05, 2020:
Thanks to make my inspirational tree full of leaves
Tif on April 23, 2020:
Thanks, i got some good words for my rock garden. Painting rocks with positive words is great fun!!
your Hindi Quotes on April 17, 2020:
A good informative post that you have shared and thankful your work for sharing the information. I appreciate your efforts and all the best.
Ogbonna Stanley Zimuzor on April 14, 2020:
I so much like this motivational words been recommended to me by a friend of mine,,,. It's really helping us a lot.
King kpookeke on April 12, 2020:
Thanks for the awesome quotes, it has really inspired me. Really appreciate
Sunjo Randy on April 02, 2020:
Thanks for the inspiration "deep words for deep thingking
hearwithlyrics on March 29, 2020:
Excellent motivating words!!! These words really inspire me. Keep posting such good content. I love that you structured your post by subheadings. It was much easier to find the quotes I'm looking for. I appreciate the effort. I was inspired to create my own motivational quotes but I guess I fall way short: If you love music, then check out this:-
Yogesh Jain on March 24, 2020:
These were really life changing quotes.
If you want to upgrade yourself Check
kylie on March 23, 2020:
I love this!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Olambi Kingsley on March 21, 2020:
I love this ❤️
art lady3000 on March 20, 2020:
i got nice qutes for my art proget
Oh great. Thank you on March 10, 2020:
Oh! great. I've learnt many things.
Isaiah on February 29, 2020:
Thanks a lot i have learned something here
BARR. BRIGHT UCHEJAH on February 27, 2020:
Well educating and enjoyable
Ola on February 19, 2020:
Ema on January 31, 2020:
I love e'm. They really, dig deep. I really stopped and looked at my life, ans saw how damaged it was.this really helped.
Tonmoy on January 29, 2020:
Sweetie on January 24, 2020:
Thanks for posting these inspirational quotes it helps a lot to myself to be more stronger person
Worthysuccess on January 17, 2020:
In this competitive World, One need to stay motivated if he wants to be successful, for this motivational quotes plays a very Important Role in the competitive world. https://worthysuccess.blogspot.com/
oversee godstime on January 02, 2020:
What Oxygen Is To The Lungs, Such Is Hope To The Meaning Of Life....This One Fuel's Me Like Mad
Foot on December 28, 2019:
I’m trying to make my own shoe and the words I found are perfect to ad on the shoe
mary Philip on December 25, 2019:
Even if your today seems tougher than yesterday it doesn't mean your tomorrow is going to be rough
larsonkips on December 16, 2019:
The greatest motivational and inspirational quotes
I am very interested in the post
Bangura Alusine Salleh on November 27, 2019:
For every hardship there is a success.
Endurance on November 23, 2019:
So perfect. And I have acknowledged things on it. Love the page
hamy on November 06, 2019:
this is so good
Md Parvej Ansari from Bangalore on October 31, 2019:
its really inspiring quotes
Random on October 29, 2019:
best page ever helped me in life
Saradha on September 30, 2019:
Some more you can add it didn't get
use from it
pawan on September 19, 2019:
This is very wonderful website, visit once inspiringsoul20.blogspot.com if u like it then plz share it such website's to person's who realy require it.
Lora Hollings on September 18, 2019:
When we have dark moments, these great quotes serve to remind us that we can accomplish what we really want to and give us the staying power that we need! This article can serve to inspire us all and remind us that life is all about moving forward and overcoming obstacles on the road to any success! Thank you Semas for writing such an uplifting article.
Tim Truzy from U.S.A. on September 18, 2019:
Great motivational article. Uplifting quotes and definitely worth a second visit. Thanks.
derrick thomas on September 14, 2019:
i really appreciate for reading this motivation words. it,s very intresting and good to read. i feel better since i meet this site
pawan on September 08, 2019:
Very good article https://inspiringsoul20.blogspot.com/2019/09/reali...
shiloh gerlach on September 04, 2019:
i think this is sight is amazing!! i love all the inspirational quotes and words. i believe that a lot of people will find pleasure through this delightful sight! thanks
pawan on September 01, 2019:
very good article https://inspiringsoul20.blogspot.com/2019/08/the-S...
Christabella on August 21, 2019:
Life is beautiful when you put all your trust God
Sara on August 17, 2019:
okike okey on August 17, 2019:
i am really happy to be part of this group
Godswill Okoronkwol on August 03, 2019:
We Never Know What Is Behond This Realm If Our Eyes Should Be Open We Beg God To Remove Us From This World......
Favour Abigal Michael on August 01, 2019:
So Lovely Thank U
oluwaseun emmanuel on June 30, 2019:
Ankush Raj on May 30, 2019:
The great inspirational artical. I am very interested in the post.
Thanks a lot. ..
Paulo on May 24, 2019:
Nice word especially in the darkness day
Nazmunnahar KN on April 29, 2019:
This words is very helpful for me. Nowadays I ill. But this motivational word inspire for my life....
Ryfle Music on April 24, 2019:
“Thank you very much ,these “words” are everything to me it changes my thinking !
Sharon on April 17, 2019:
Sarah on March 19, 2019:
Lovely and Great
ArunKumar on January 01, 2019:
Vsudarshannath on December 30, 2018:
rahul gupta on October 17, 2018:
really nice post
ray johnson on September 24, 2018:
I love the poems....nice...and the motivational words are so beautiful...thanks...
Elena from London, UK on June 26, 2018:
Very inspiring and motivating to read. (Most of them are actually affirmations). I particularly liked the Poem. Thanks
Fortunate on June 08, 2018:
Beautiful is what this lens is
JanaLee LM on July 21, 2014:
Beautiful and thought provoking lens. Loved the one about forgiveness setting us free.
Natalie W Schorr on June 30, 2014:
pitlock on November 08, 2013:
Believe, love that one.
seodress on July 28, 2013:
SavioC on July 21, 2013:
Grateful. Be thankful in all circumstances and your life magically transforms around you. Great lens. You have done a wonderful thing by sharing this one with us. Thank you .
nwmktchris on July 15, 2013:
Active/Activity- This word keeps my personal activity in focus. I talked about it at on a conference call at work today :)
SBPI Inc on July 13, 2013:
semas (author) on May 06, 2013:
@aesta1: Great choice of an inspiring word!
Mary Norton from Ontario, Canada on April 20, 2013:
Excellence. It challenges me.
semas (author) on February 04, 2013:
@Mary Stephenson: "Relax" - A great way to calm one.Thanks for sharing your one word quote.
Mary Stephenson from California on January 22, 2013:
When things get to be too much and I am stressed I use the word "Relax". It calms me down.
giovi64 lm on January 06, 2013:
The word that animates me most is: ENTHUSIASM
knitstricken on December 24, 2012:
Super lens; I am GRATEFUL.
Spiderlily321 on December 11, 2012:
This is an excellent lens. My favorites?---Believe and Forgive. Thanks for sharing this!